52. | There will come a time

Start from the beginning

There were many people out, families and friend groups shopping together. The food booths were lively as ever as they handed out food to hungry people. An old lady gave some spare of change to a young child who didn't have enough money to buy a sprinkly donut.

All that Izuku witnessed as he takes a seat at a dining table. Y/n orders some fried noodles to herself and him. Bakugou orders the usual spicy hot pot he likes. They finally get their food and eat happily together. This day can't be more perfect for Izuku and he truly feels happiness surge through his veins.

"I so beat you Bakugou, what are you talking about?" Y/n argues as she points her chopsticks at the blond teen.

Bakugou's eyebrows arches in disagreement. "The fuck you talking about? I threw you in the water headfirst, you were begging for me not to drown your ass!" He quickly retaliates and Izuku ends up in quiet chuckles. They were always acting like this, never stopping until the other admits defeat. Izuku is happy that Y/n has someone left after he goes as well for Bakugou.

He does not need to worry about them at all. They had outgoing personalities and made friends pretty easily. They will both get into the hero course and excel like the heroes they are. It will become a nice future filled with love, without him.

"Hey, guys!" Hisayo suddenly perks up, eyes filled with light as she speaks, "I got your text Y/n and I happened to be here with my mother!" She exclaims with joy.

"Ah, I'm so glad you could make it! Come take a seat with us" Y/n sits closer to Izuku as if to make more space for the girl.

"No, it's okay. I'll just grab a nearby chair so I can sit at the end of the table" Hisayo inquires as she trots away to do her task. Bakugou can be heard grumbling nonsense before Y/n smacks his head lightly.

"Don't be rude blondy! There are already two boys here if you didn't notice. We need some more females for our group!" Y/n hollers at the boy who moves to swipe her head. He barely misses and she snarls at him, "Bakugou I swear if you don't behave I will take this chopstick and shove it up to your a-"

"Woah, let's get along now you guys" Izuku tries to console in a calming manner, giving the fiery teens a stressed smile.

"I'm back!" Hisayo pops back with a chair. Her beaming smile completely innocent in contrary to the violent conversation Y/n and Bakugou were about to have.

"Welcome back, we are so happy that you could join us, right Bakugou?" Y/n grins at him, kicking his feet underneath the table to make him act nice.

His sharp eyes narrow with murderous intentions. "Yeah, we're fucking thrilled" He snarls at Hisayo who smiles nervously.

"I see you two are getting along" Hisayo gives Izuku a small wink, "Good thing I'm here to help out, right Midoriya?" The girl laughs light-heartedly.

Izuku returns her another of his grateful beams, "We're always happy to have you here" He says politely, causing Y/n to ruffle his hair with heart eyes.

"Awww you're so precious Izu! Bakugou—learn something for once!" She complains to the boy, causing both Izuku and Hisayo to laugh.

"I swear I'm going to murder you L/n and you will suffer"Bakugou glares with the darkest expression he could muster.

So they laughed, so they talked in harmony. The night falling shortly and Izuku can feel his heart rate increase severely. Time is vanishing and so is he. He watches Bakugou's back as they walk out in the street, the city lights illuminating the dark night.

He smiles softly to himself and thanks the male for everything that they had been through. Even if he had bullied him, Izuku didn't have it in his heart to hate him. That does not mean it hurts any less, but when the world is slipping from your fingertips, resentment is not a prioritized sentiment. But those words never reach the blond teen, as Izuku can only whisper those tranquil words to himself.