27. | Sooner or later

If it wasn't the fact that they had so much fun together, time wouldn't have passed so quickly, much to her dismay.

The clock had just tipped seven, and the nurses had told Y/n two times that she needed to leave. But Izuku always managed to sweet talk them into getting a little longer time together. They had been practically glued to each other all day, laughing, watching movies, gossiping about the latest news about heroes, eating and so on.

It reminded her of the old Izuku who would smile endlessly without any doubt. But she knows that was all an act, he was in pain and struggling to survive each day. And just because he is in the hospital...doesn't mean he is happy and all the pain is gone away.
Izuku is fighting, even now when they are sitting next to each other on the bed, staring out in the glittery sky.

She steals a glance at his bandaged arms, wondering how deep the cuts on his wrist lie, and how she had been oblivious to all of this.

He has a content smile on his face, eyes tiredly narrowed, but still so intent to gaze at the moon. Y/n gently places her hand on his, causing the boy to jitter and stare in her direction.

"I have to leave now Broccoli..." The girl mutters in a quiet voice, lips frowning.

Izuku's smile didn't fade, however. He manages to give her hand a squeeze, "I know...I had so much fun today, thank you"

Y/n feels her cheek heat up, thank god for the lack of light in the room can hide the so obvious fact. "Are you okay with me leaving though?" Eyebrows creased worriedly, she squeezes his hand back and before they know it, their hands were intertwined together.

"Honestly, I don't want you to go. I don't want to be alone with my thoughts...I-I" He starts whimpering, losing his happy go lucky facade. Y/n instinctively moves closer to him, placing her other hand on his cheek.

"Hey...it's okay. Izuku, I know you're still struggling, don't think that just because you didn't...die that everything is okay and you're supposed to act all happy"

Her words are enough to make tears slip down his cheeks. The thought of being alone again tares his heart, and he doesn't want to feel like dying all the damn time.

"I'm just—I want to be h-happy, but I can't! It hurts, it hurts right here" The green haired boy gestures towards his heart, clenching his shirt tight. "And my head, it won't stop" His frail body starts shaking, letting out all his pent-up feelings and frustration form the situation.

Y/n keeps quiet and pulls him close, sneaking her arms around him. "Shh, I'm right here" The female cooed, holding him through his small break down.

She knew this was coming sooner or later, it was just the amount of time it would take for him to break down, and she's happy that he opened up to her and can talk about his feelings so openly. He trusts her, and that's a long way into their relationship.

"You're going to get through this, because now, you are not alone anymore" Despite her words sounding strong and intent, she is also crying, hearing how Izuku is in pain, how can she not? When she cares so deeply for him, she'd do anything for him.

His head is laying on her chest, gripping her for dear life, as if she would leave him. Which they both knew, she has too.

"I-I...I-I don't want you t-to go" The sound breaking his voice, "Please don't go!" He cries out in anguish.

Her nose sniffles as she places a hand in his hair, soothing his senses down. Telling him it's okay. It seems to help because his crying settles down and he starts sniffling as well.

'Damn, how can I leave him in a state like this? But I can't s-sleep here either, I just have to make sure the nurses look after him, I don't want him to suffer alone'