39. | Drowning

Tick, tock.
The clocks keeps going, reminding them of how slow the times actually goes. Y/n's hand is shaking beneath her table, her notebook wide open and to her dismay, blank. Their teacher has talked for over an hour now and she still can't pick up that damn pen and write what she needs too.

Her head is boiling, like a volcano threatening to burst and burn everyone who gets too close. However she can't do anything, not a shit. Her hands are tied and mouth sealed close.

Fuji is smirking at her case, enjoying every moment she has by watching the female crumble in anger. Y/n glares at her ridiculous eyes that she wants to rip out. Fuji's velvet orbs would many times wash passed the female and stare back at Izuku who's sitting two seats behind Y/n. Fuji would give him a shit eating grin and Izuku would look away, eyes full of tears.

'Fuuuuck!!! That damn bitch, stop looking at him like you own him!' Y/n grabs the pen and pushes it under her table, breaking it into pieces. 'Poor Izuku...on his first day even...fuck I can't even talk to him or the teacher will go haywire' She rolls her eyes in distaste.

Izuku gulps down hard, with his shaking hand trying to keep up with the teacher. But it's so hard, his stomach isn't working with him at all. It's like he is back in the past, like nothing had changed. All those intimidating eyes on him...judging him for being quirkless, for being weak. For living when he has nothing to offer the world.

His eyes had met Fuji's many times, he always flinches. She must really hate him...he just wants it stop. Izuku wanted to come to school, peacefully and without anybody talking to him. He would rather be ignored than given this harsh treatment. It was fine at first...students said good morning to him and Y/n, with soft smiles on their faces—without any hidden resentment.

Izuku knew that after his suicide attempt, people at school would feel various of different feelings. Somebody would feel irritated, mad at him for even thinking about ending his life. Somebody would be sympathetic, realizing what their treatment for years have been doing to him....and lastly there are the ones that felt nothing—no remorse or guilt. Those people exist in this world and Izuku was prepared to face them with all he had!

But it still wasn't enough...his mental state is not strong enough to go another round of fighting of bullies. He just can't.

And the fact that Y/n and Bakugou have gotten in so many fights and detentions this semester, their hands are tied. Izuku wants nothing more than for them to excel in everything they have aspired to be. He can take the pain, he can face the bullies alone—like he always had too. As long as his friends are okay and safe, they can do whatever they want to him.

'I will endure it...for Y/n and a Kacchan! They have done so much for me, I can't let them be expelled'

'I'll survive this, no matter what'

<•>

"Yo Bakubro! It's been a long time, how've you been holding up?" One of Bakugou's friends appeared behind him while he was putting books away in his locker.

The blond boy doesn't give him a glance in return, just groaning a small response, "What do you think asshole? Fucking awesome" He continues to put his books away.

The boy with long black hair smiles awkwardly, putting a hand behind his neck as he spoke, "Well, you heard what happened to Midoriya right?" He murmurs, "It was on the news, but not a lot of details were leaked.."

Bakugou's skin froze for a second. 'Of course these bustards don't know I was there' He slammers his red locker close and turns around with an intimidating glare on his face. "Yeah I heard, what're you gonna do about it assrag?" He keeps glaring at his friend, eyes impassive as ever.