Chapter Three

Começar do início

"Hey P, don't forget that it was because P'Type stepped down, you became the captain not because you were talented."

"Ai Nic, Football is in my veins. I was a born player. Don't you underestimate me."

"P, you would still get a mouthful from P Type though." Nic argued.

"That's because I didn't want the team to be low." Type answered.

"But you'd only scold me ah Type." Techno complained.

"Well a captain cannot have flaws, No. If the captain is at fault, the team faults."

"In my eyes, you are the best P'No." Kla looked at Techno with admiration.

"There goes down our fun. Why ah Kla, what do you see in P?" Nic argued.

"I don't have to answer that to you na Nic." Kla answered.

They were laughing and teasing each other.

After dinner Tharn informed them that they were heading for a walk and stepped outside with Type besides him.

They walked for a while, when Type asked, "They all seemed happy with each other. Don't you have someone, P? It's impossible for a man like you to be single."

"A man like me? What do you mean?" Tharn asked teasingly.

"You know, you are quite handsome and talented. You excel in everything you do. No girl would be able to reject you." Type answered.

Tharn was surprised. Was Type testing him or teasing him? Has he not realised it yet or was he acting ignorant? He thought of giving him a hint.

"I loved someone, Type. But he was with someone else then. I wanted to confess but I didn't want to suffer the rejection so I let it be. After that I did date several people, but I couldn't forget him. Even though I never got a chance to talk to him, I still could not overcome the effect he had on me."

Type nodded. They walked quietly for a while when Tharn asked him about Rune.

"I know it must be hard for you. I can never forget him though I never spent any time with him, but you lived together. Do you want to talk about him?"

"Our parents had been friends since school. Rune's father was also our legal advisor. His parents died in a car accident. So my dad took him in. He was very cute and cuddly. I would always act like an elder brother, stand ahead of him to protect him. Often bullies would catch hold of him, call him girly, pull his cheeks, tease him. So, I would accompany him everywhere." Type smiled remembering how cute Rune was then.

"We were inseparable. I didn't realise when I fell in love with him and he too. One day, when I was packing my bag to come here for studies, he came to my room crying. I couldn't see him in that state. I tried to hug him and console him, but he had outgrown me. It felt more like he was calming me. He was taller and bulky. I had always been the one to protect him, that day it made me realise that it was I who needed him more. So, I promised him that I would write to him everyday, share every detail of my day spent, remember him all the time. He then made me sit on the bed and kneeled in front of me and said that he loved me. He had always loved me. It would be unbearable for him to stay away from me. He kept expressing his feelings and I just sat there listening to him, crying that our feelings had been mutual. Ever since then things had changed between us. My parents too didn't have any problem with our relationship. As long as we were happy, they were fine with it." Type was smiling throughout but then he became sad.

"As our ceremony, on his birthday every year, we'd visit his parents' grave to seek their blessings. That evening when we were returning from the graveyard, he was feeling very low. He wished his parents were there to see how happy he was and he had found a partner for life. We were in a bar. Unfortunately there were some miscreants who mocked us and called us names and whatnot. He got very angry and we ended up in a fight. They couldn't beat us through fist, so one of the guys who had a gun shot him. They then ran away. I chased them as far as I could, but they were fast. I didn't see a car approaching and it hit me. I was in coma for two months. When I woke up, I got the news that he was gone... forever..."

Type fell down on the pavement and cried hard. Tharn held him throughout. He didnt let Type go. He too cried with him. He knows what pain is and how tough it is to overcome it. He somehow managed to pull Type up and carried him to a bench in a park near by. He sat there holding Type who was crying in his embrace.

They sat there for an hour or so. Type had now stopped crying, however he felt too tired and couldn't remove himself away from Tharn. He remained in that position until Tharn asked if he wanted to go back. Type declined saying he didn't want to bother Techno as he would immediately recognise that Type had been crying. Tharn offered him to stay at his place. Type was hesitant but agreed to it because he knew he could trust Tharn. Tharn then called for a taxi and informed Techno that he would be taking Type to his place and assured him that he will take care of him.

Type was too exhausted to see Tharn's home. Tharn directed him to his bed and asked him to rest there. He would sleep on the couch. Type didn't want to be alone so he asked Tharn to sleep next to him. Tharn was hesitant but looking at Type's condition he gave in.

When he returned from the shower, Tharn was preparing the necessities for Type.

"I am done P. You can shower now."

Tharn looked up and was stuck for a moment. Type wearing an oversized tshirt and shorts that belonged to Tharn. It was a sight to behold. Never had he thought that he would fall in love with his own clothes. No doubt his heart had fallen for the right man. However, it was not the time to think about all these things. He needed to focus on Type's state of mind. Tharn nodded and quickly dashed to the washroom. Type was perplexed with Tharn's behaviour but he was too tired to react so he straight away lept into the bed.

By the time Tharn returned Type had already fallen asleep. Tharn smiled and admired Type for the man he was. His first love. He would do everything in his power to woe him, for he had realised that he was becoming important to Type and Tharn did not want to lose on this opportunity. He lay next to Type, ensuring both were covered in the blanket, caressed his forehead and bid him goodnight. Tharn lay awake for some time savoring Type's countenance, his contours, his beautiful thick eyebrows, his stark eyes, his plumpy lips. He was indeed very beautiful for a man. Someone who was much more than what the circumstances has led him to be.

He was indeed the kind of man Tharn would envision to be his partner. It was an unfortunate incident that led Type to be in his life, but Tharn was determined to not let him go.

Tharn was about to fall asleep when Type turned towards him and entwined their little fingers as though promising to be together forever. Tharn's happiness had no boundaries that night. He happily drifted off to sleep with their fingers entwined.