Chapter Seventeen

The couple set off for their honeymoon. The guests were also gone. There remained only Thorn, Tharn, Type, Nic and Champ to wind up the whole thing and leave the island the next day. They were enjoying the bonfire while Tharn was playing the guitar and singing for Type.

Suddenly Type received a message.

Meet me at the rocks at the end of the beach. Don't inform Tharn. Come alone.

Type knew who it was. He was expecting it. He stealthily got up and went to the said place. He knew Tharn would follow him. He had already signaled Champ and Nic to follow along with him without coming under anyone's notice. When he reached the rocks, he saw those three men standing next to Kale as they were engrossed in discussing something. When they saw Type approach towards them, Kale smirked. Type ignored the other three and focused only on Kale. He knew he could not give in, though his anger was at the highest point, he still needed to keep calm.

"You wanted to meet me." Type remarked.

Kale moved forward till he was eye to eye. Compared to Type, Kale was taller and heavier. His evilness visible through his eyes. His main target was to get rid of Type.

"You remember my friends here, don't you?" Kale asked.

Type knew what he was referring to.

"What's to remember about them? They are all a bunch of criminals, just like you." Type answered.

Kale laughed. "Still the same uh, even after the death of your petty partner. You still haven't learnt the lesson."

"What lesson did you want me to learn, eh Kale?" Type asked calmly.

Kale pointed a finger at Type. "You think I forgot you. You think I didn't recognize you. It was because of you I lost everything. You had to intervene between me and Tharn. I lost my everything, and I made sure you did too."

"Did killing Rune get you back what you lost? Did hitting me and putting my life in danger gave your perks back?" Type asked.

"It gave me the satisfaction." Kale remarked.

"And Tharn?" Type asked.

The expressions on Kale's face immediately changed. Kale moved forward till he was close enough to Type.

"Tharn is mine. And if I can't have him, no one else can." Kale whispered through his gritted teeth.

"So you will kill me?" Type smirked.

"I will. I will just like that stupid boyfriend of yours, you will also die." Kale declared.

"And you think by killing me you can have Tharn in your life?" Type asked.

Kale did not answer. "Tharn loves me. Only me. He can never be with you. Whether I live or die, he will never belong to a filthy criminal like you."

That did it. Kale lost his temper and he hit Type. They got into a fight. Though Type was not as heavy as Kale was, yet he did have some tricks under his sleeves. Kale still could not overpower Type. Before the other three men could help him, Champ and Nic had reached in time.

"I told you to come alone." Kale hurled Type. Tharn immediately caught Type.

"Tharn." Kale stopped. "You..."

"You killed him?" Tharn shouted. "Tell me."

"Yes I did. I planned everything. I killed his lover. I tried to kill him too. But this asshole survived. He won't anymore." Kale was about to snatch Type away, Tharn pushed and punched Kale away.