Chapter 6: Bent & Broken.

A/N: these are the outfits for the chapter, and the song is linked!!!

Deep breaths, deep breaths, everything is going to be fine, you opened the door, that's the hard part now you just have to, fuck he's right there. He's wearing black jeans, and a black long sleeve shirt, and I can see his shoes, he's wearing the shoes he wore to the charity ball in Australia. DEEP BREATHS. I breathe again, and walk up to him, my short heels clicking on the floor as I walk.

"Hi." I speak up, and he looks up from his phone as he sits there, waiting for me.

"I didn't see you come in." He smiles, and I sit down, putting my purse on the side of the table.

"It's a bit loud in here so it's understandable. How are you?" I ask, and he takes a long look, and then shakes his head.

"A bit shocked to see you here if I'm being honest." He looks back to me, and being under his gaze is intimidating. It's never been like that, but now it is. I cross my legs, and sit up straighter.

"I'm kind of shocked as well, it wasn't what I was expecting to come from the conversation with Alessandro, but when he said the offer I couldn't say no... um I think it will be good for me." I tell him, and we used to speak so carelessly around each other, we used to be loud and not care, but now... Now it's nothing of the sort. Now it's like we're dancing around each other, like we're almost afraid of what the other could say. Every conversation has been soft spoken, and it's not us.

"So where are you in the city?" He asks, and I point down the street.

"A few blocks that way. I'm guessing you've been to the showroom, the one down midwest?" I ask, and he nods. "There's an apartment above it and I moved in there, finally moved in." I smile.

"How has that been? If I had known I could have come to help, me and Anthony both would have." He tells me, and I nod.

"I know, I just wanted to do it on my own. It's been a bit stressful, I bought everything, and got all my furniture in. I can say I've never built a single piece of furniture until moving here." I laugh.

"I'd pay to see you building a bed, or a dining table, I'd like to see you try at least." He laughs, but my jaw drops.

"I did very well thank you very much." I defend, and he laughs.

"I'm sure you did." He tries to hide his smile, but he doesn't do a very good job. "You're doing well though?" He asks, and I slowly nod.

"As well as I can yea." I nod, and he tilts his head.

"What's that mean?" He asks, and I shake my head.

"Nothing, um.. How are you doing? How's writing going? You said you were writing some stuff?" I change the subject, feeling scared of what could come from that conversation right now.

"I'm doing alright... I've written a few songs, I think they could be great too if I'm being honest..." He seems like he's nervous talking about this, but I already know why, and I'm thankful a waitress comes up before I have to ask him about his music that I know is written about me. We order food, and I tell him about Alessandro, and all the things that came from that.

I told him about Milo, and Angelina helping me pack things up, and how hard it was saying goodbye to them. We've been done eating for some time now but we're still sitting here.

"How was that? Leaving him to come here?" He asks, and I furrow my brows.

"Leaving who? What are you talking about?" I ask, and he looks confused.