Chapter 7: The Trial of a Princess

~Skai~

I take a deep breath as I quickly begin to explain everything to the Magic High Commission. I was about to tell them my own plan but as soon as I finish saying where I am Hekapoo cuts me off as per usual: "Skai, just stay where you are! We're gonna come get you, just don't do anything stupid!" And then the call drops. I wait for some time, only for nothing to happen. I was going to call them back but the reversal spell wears off and the compact mirror shatters again. I sigh, flipping through and reading a couple chapters of the Book of Spells, mostly skimming through Kelryn's combat spells to add to my growing plan. "Mmmm I'm not so sure you should try that." I heard Glossaryck say as I turn to him, "Yeah, we'll it's not like I care what you-... Are you throwing pudding through a portal?" I watch as he glares at me while tossing another. "So what if I am? Anyway, you don't have to care what I think because I'm only here to train you to rule Mewni. Whatever kind of ruler that will be is up to you." Glossaryck rolls his eyes, mumbling something about 'The original timeline is better' as he floats and disappears into the book. I sigh, holding my wand. I sit back down, hold up the book and begin reading the next chapter: Celeste the Comet-Catcher, my... I'm not count the amount of Greats Grandmother. As I continue to read more and more, I grow more invested.

'I watched as my sister, Nebula, step up to the stand. I sigh as I stand, "Nebula. You stand accused of several crimes. Before we begin, as your right, do you wish-" Nebula smiles, "Dear sister, I would most enjoy invoking the Trial by Box." I give a nod to Shaun, who hurries off and comes back lugging the large cart, revealing the Box. I pick it up, "As is the ancient rules, each member of the Magic High Commission may ask one question. And all must swear an oath of truth." I tap the Box, and gives out its rhyme as it floats upward. "To all who seeks the truths and lies, to reveal the wicked and their crimes; You must swear your trust to me, and give an oath of truth to me." Everyone gives their oath, as Hekapoo clears her throat, "So Nebula. How and why did you steal the Magic Book of Spells?" Nebula smirks, "Why I asked Queen Eclipsa. She didn't know how to do magic without a wand, but she showed me who did. And with a little bribery... Well, that was that." "Truth!" The Box cries out.Everyone gasped in shock and horror. Rhombulus snarled, "And who was this conspirator of yours?" Nebula shrugged, "Glossaryck. You all know well enough he'd do anything for some chocolate pudding." "Truth!" The Box cries out again. Lekhmet sighed, and bleated out his question. Nebula raises an eyebrow, "Wh- Does that question even matter?" The Box glows red in her face, "Answer the question!" Nebula sighs, "Yes, for goodness sakes, of course I looked in the 'Forbidden chapter'. I thought that would be obvious." "Truth again!" The Box declares.

I take a deep breath, standing up. "Nebula. There is one thing I must know." She raises her eyebrow with a smirk at me, "Why? Why our mother? How could you do this? Why!" Nebula snarls, "Because you're always in the limelight but that isn't even yours! I was born first! I was supposed to get the wand! I was supposed to be queen! But everyone looks to you. Little Miss Perfect Celeste! You NEVER do anything wrong! All because you looked more MEWMAN! Just because of how I was born to look, YOU got what was meant to be MINE!.... And so I did it. I killed our mother and took her wand.... Until of course you outshine me YET AGAIN!" "Truth!" The Box cries out to a silenced audience. I slam my hand down, "You are going to-!" "Wait!... By the laws of the Box, every member of the Magic High Commission gets to ask a question. So do I get my question?" I stifle a laugh, "You're joking." Hekapoo gasps, "She played us... " I turn to her, "What?" "When your mother... When she took the wand. For a short time.... Nebula was queen. At least for a few hours." My eyes widen in shock, "So that means... " Nebula smirks, "I'm an unofficial but entirely legal member of the Magical High Commission, by right as Queen. And so, sister, I ask you now.... Do you feel ashamed? Do you feel regret? To have taken my entire future from me just because you were born pretty? Born to be the Queen Mewni 'deserves'?" Everyone turns to me, as I glare at her. "Right now? After I've seen all you've done? No. I don't feel ashamed. Not even a little bit." "Truth!" The Box calls out. By this point, Box or no, we were all sure, and no trick Nebula could pull could change it.

Nebula was guilty. And that was that.'

"Hey!" I almost jumped from the fright, looking up to see Blaze staring at me. "Uh... Are you okay?" I clear my throat, blushing from embarrassment, I got wayyy to caught up in that story... "Yeah! I um, yes. I'm fine." He holds his hand out to me, and I smile, taking it. He tugs me along, still holding on, "C'mon, we're having dinner." I clear my throat, "What about your parents?" He huffs, "They're rarely around anyway. Just c'mon!" I follow along, smiling at how much someone actually wants me around...

End of Chapter 7