Chapter 5: Only A Matter of Time... - Nature Pt.2

[Blaze]

We both turn in surprise to see Skai or... Something that looks like him anyway. He still has his pudgy face. But now he has three pairs of arms, and giant wings sprouting out of his back. His skin is a light red color, his hair now a pomegranate color, and his clothes matching this exact scheme. He smiles maliciously at us, his pupils gone, and his eyes just glowing amber stars.

Lucinda screams, falling down and crawling backwards. I heard Glossaryck groan, "Can she not do that? I'd like to still be able to hear in the next few hundred years." I groan, dodging as Skai flew at me, crashing into the ground. "Can't you help?!" He shrugged, "Sometimes you must help yourself. You'll figure it out, it's only a matter of time." He then poofs away in a cloud of pink smoke. My eyes widened as I realized Skai left his wand on the couch with the Book. I try running to it but Skai cuts me off, and I realize that Lucinda has an easy way to it.

"Lucinda! On the couch, grab the weird wand thing on the couch!" "How does that help?!" I groan, "Just do it!" I then get tackled to the ground by Skai, who's using some kind of goop he's shooting from his hands like some kind of off-brand Spiderman to latch me onto the floor.

[Lucinda]

I grab the wand he was talking about, and just when I was going to ask him what to do with it, it begins rumbling and glowing. I yelp as it pulls me upwards, wind howling despite being indoors. It transforms, and it almost feels... Familiar, somehow.

I land back on the ground looking up at the boy-demon-bug thing

I land back on the ground looking up at the boy-demon-bug thing. I shake my head, "I dunno what to do with this thing!" "Luckily, that's what I'm here for. I turn to see a little blue man floating over a very old-looking book. It flips on its own, to a page titled, 'Solar Beam'. I blink, "What do I..." The thing groans, "Seriously? The steps are on the page." I read through the page and I take a deep breath, stepping towards the thing on my brother. I point the wand at it, breathing in and out. I begin thinking of all my best days: Taking a trip to France with our parents, junior prom, finally acing a math final. All of these good memories build up, and the orb at the end of the wand lights up, and blasts a beam of golden yellow at the boy as he turns in surprise and then screams in pain as he gets blasted into the other room. I pull Blaze up and lock the guest bedroom door, trapping the thing in. I take a deep breath and exhale as I hear Blaze chuckle, "Wow... Thanks for saving-" I turn and slap him across the face. "You will tell me what is going on: Right. Now."

He gives me the rundown and I sigh, "Well given what just happened it's safe to say that his story is at least believable." I take a look at the wand and Blaze exhales, "I hope he's okay..." I look into his eyes and I see a look I don't think he's ever shown: Heartfelt concern. The only time he ever shown that kind of concern is when I broke my leg when we were nine... "Hey Blaze-" I was going to ask about it but then we heard light knocking on the guest room door. "Hey! Uh... Are you guys still out there?" I heard what is assumably Skai's voice. Blaze stood and I stopped him, "If he's still that thing he's gonna attack you." He huffed, sitting back down, seemingly offended. I rolled my eyes, Boys. I walked up to the door, taking a deep breath and opening the door. The first thing I noticed, he was back to normal... I think, I haven't really seen his face until now. The second thing I noticed... Wow, no doubt Blaze is some kind of attracted to him. Over the years I've noticed Blaze has a certain type: Shorter than him, adorable, and no one in our school district. Let's just leave it at Blaze isn't exactly liked for being himself in our school. I'll have to talk to Blaze after this.

"Um... Hi there...?" I said and he gasped, looking at the wand. "What're you doing with that?! Give it!" He snatched it out of my hands and it turned back to what it looked like when I grabbed it off the couch. "Wow, someone is a bit greedy... Either that or just rude." "Sorry, it's just magic can taint someone if they aren't able to handle it. Anyway, uh... hi. I'm Skai Butterfly, and you would be...?" "Lucinda Crimson. And I think we all have a bit to talk about."

[???]

I grumbled picking up a crate of weapons watching as Toffee chews out the Monster that ignored his wishes and killed that Mewman princess. Toffee sighs, massaging his temples, "Okay. It should be fine. We must find that boy, that Skai Butterfly. He has the wand now... It'll just require a small change in plans." "Small changes, or just small in comparison?" I heard a voice say. I hadn't noticed before, but I saw that the large mirror Toffee uses to communicate with our mystery ally was on, and apparently Toffee didn't notice either. He clears his throat, "Celestara, I was just-" "Up Up Up! Did I ask what you were doing, or did I demand an answer to my question?" Toffee grumbles, "It shall only be a minor issue. Besides, the boy doesn't even know magic." "Indeed, however he has the all-knower with him... He shall train him in the art of magic, and by the time you find him he'll be a fit warrior with an array of magic spells at his disposal." Toffee nods, "Which is why we're already tracking him, down. We've already narrowed it down to three dimensions, and-" "Not. Good. Enough. Find the boy within the week or you will no longer be an associate. Instead I shall just choose you to be a bug to stomp while I eradicate the young Butterfly." She says, hanging up.

I shiver, That chick, whoever or whatever she is... Gives me the creeps.

[???]

I slam my door shut behind me, right in Mother's face. It isn't fair! The Book is mine now... Why can't I read all of it? What's so wrong with Grandma Eclipsa's chapter... I have to know. I hear a knock on my door, "Ongi, sweetie? Please let's just talk about this." I heard my mother, Queen Meteora, say through the closed door. I sigh, turning to look at the open book. I see the skull shaped lock, with magic chains attached. 'Immortal, Unbreakable chains.' Mother told to me. Hmm.... Immortal.... I think I know someone who can deal with immortal things....

 I think I know someone who can deal with immortal things

End of Chapter 5

NOTE:

For one I didn't draw that smile. And two, I'm getting a brand new computer soon, that I'll be able to draw with. So expect digital art instead of my messy hand drawing soon....