Chapter 46: Test Subject

"Alright. I will become your test subject. If you'll give Soraru-san the antidote and Sou-kun the medicine to cure his disease he has and let everyone free then I will accept anything."

"That's the wise choice. Just look at your possibility to even find a doctor here.", Coccalap said as he widened his arms, making his point across when he showed the room which showed the forest through the big windows.

Everyone stayed silent at that. No one knew what to say but after the silence, Amatsuki started struggling strongly, demanding Kashitaro to let him go. Kashitaro didn't want to let him go even though he knew that Mafumafu would go away at this point. That's when he had an idea.

"Mafumafu! Please listen to this before you go! I studied medicine before I became a musician so I have some medicinal knowledge. I could try to help Soraru and Sou-kun!

If you would just give me a chance.", Kashitaro said and Coccalap crossed his arms. "Do you really want to rely on someone who broke off his medicinal studies in middle school already?

And risk having your beloved childhood friend die?", Coccalap asked as he looked down at the unconscious Soraru.

"I really want to trust you, Kashitaro-san. You stopped studying medicine to become a musician but I always thought you were nice and I could always trust you.

So if you answer me this truthfully now, then I will not go with him. Do you think that you can save both Soraru-san and Sou-kun?", Mafumafu asked his face full of sorrow and Kashitaro felt a shiver going down his spine.

He thought it through before carefully giving his answer. "I did stop studying medicine. But my parents owned a hospital and both studied medicine as well. So when I stopped studying medicine, I still had the medicinal knowledge of a university student graduate.", Kashitaro confessed which gained Mafumafu's attention.

Kashitaro noticed this and took it as a positive thing as he wanted to continue trying to convince the albino. "I actually saved some poisoned patients before because they entrusted me to save them. So I'm not a stranger when it comes to poison. I—". "Hrgh...", they all looked at Soraru who got consciousness again.

"Soraru-san? Soraru-san, are you alright?", Mafumafu asked relieved that Soraru was awake again. But instead of answering Soraru started to gasp for air. "Oh, it looks like the poison is slowly eating him.", Coccalap stated as he looked at Soraru gasping for air.

"Soraru-san! Soraru-san!", Mafumafu shouted trying to get the ravenettes attention who looked down the whole time. He then looked up and Mafumafu gasped in shock when he saw that there were ranks of plants covering almost half of his face. "Decide now.

Go with me and I will give him the antidote now. Go with them and let him rot to death. Soon the roots will kill him. That's what the poison did to everyone else.", Coccalap said.

"I will go with you! I will! So please give him the antidote already!", Mafumafu shouted and Coccalap nodded satisfied as he took out a syringe with some unknown light green liquid. He kneeled down to put the liquid into the ravenette's arm but Soraru pushed himself away from Mafumafu and Coccalap, using his remaining strength to stand up.

"Don't you dare to touch me with your filthy hands!", Soraru warned while holding his injured arm. "Oh? So you'd rather die right now?", Coccalap asked as he crossed his arms.

"Who knows what that suspicious thing contains. I'd rather trust my life to Kashitaro than to you!", Soraru shouted and when he did one of the windows broke and someone jumped with all of his weight on Coccalap right in front of Soraru.

He took the syringe right out of his hand as he stood up. "Ah, so we meet again! I'm sorry for what I'm about to do but this is payback.", the male said as he kicked Coccalap knocking him unconscious. He then looked at Soraru worried.