Chapter 42: Mother Mimikry

Didn't expect another chapter, did you? Www I did say I'd try my best to write these so I could finish this book by the end of the month and I'll keep my promise ww so here's another chapter. I hope you'll enjoy it~

"There are so many roots here!", Sakata exclaimed as he walked slower being careful not to step on any of the roots like Urata instructed him to. "Yeah, but we're almost out of here and then we should be fine.", Sou assured them as Luz and Nqrse looked at Sou surprised.

"How would you know that? The only ones who ever went outside were me and Luz.", Nqrse said as the two of them waited for the younger's response who fiddled with his fingers.

"W-well... in the past, when the two of you would always discuss something, I'd always clean up while you were asleep a-and that's when I saw the map one day while I was cleaning.

I was curious s-so I took a small peek... and that's how I found out about this...", Sou confessed as he looked down guilty while Nqrse and Luz just smiled relieved.

"It's fine, Sou-kun. You didn't mean any harm at all so it's alright.", Nqrse assured him as Sou nodded relieved that the older two weren't mad at him as he flashed them a smile.

"T-thank you for understanding!", Sou thanked them smiling brightly as Soraru sighed looking away. "Can you stop, Sou? Your smile is too bright and pure that it blinds me...", Soraru said as he covered his eyes and Luz and Nqrse laughed while Sou started blushing.

"E-eh?! B-bright and pure?", Sou asked flustered as Luz hit his knee laughing. "Who knew that you would say that ww", Luz said laughing. "With how you said that, that sounded like an insult rather than a compliment.", Nqrse said.

"Well, I just stated the truth. Wether you take it as an insult or a compliment is up to you.", Soraru said as Sou clenched his fists feeling as if he had to respond. "W-well I think that you looked too handsome when I first met you that I didn't dare to talk to you in the beginning because your cool aura was too overwhelming, Soraru-san!", Sou countered as he closed his eyes blushing.

When the ravenette heard that a light blush formed on his face as well as he looked up into the opposite direction of Sou. "A-ah... thanks?", Soraru thanked as Sou nodded.

"Y-you're welcome...", Sou said as he looked down away from Soraru as well. There was a strange atmosphere around them like in a shoujo manga and Amatsuki saw that a certain albino was pouting and puffing out his cheeks out of jealousy so he decided to help him by destroying their moment.

"Walk faster you old man.", Amatsuki shouted which got him a glare from the older male. "Oi, are you trying to pick a fight or something?", Soraru asked as he walked slightly faster towards the brunette who was walking slightly ahead.

"Watching the two of you flirting in front of me makes me want to throw up.", Urata said as Sou blushed even more. "W-we weren't flirting! I-I could never change my feelings for E-eve-kun!", Sou said as Amatsuki put a hand on Soraru's shoulder as he sighed shaking his head.

"What?", Soraru asked. "Being rejected so quickly by Sou-kun... you must be so heart-broken right now.", Amatsuki said as Soraru shoved Amatsuki's hand away from him.

"You shut up right now and stop spouting nonsense.", Soraru said sighing. "Why would I be heart-broken when I don't even have any romantic feelings towards Sou?

Also, you guys know that he has feelings for someone called Eve so stop saying we're flirting with each other.", Soraru said as Amatsuki pretended to be surprised as he widened his eyes. "Eh?! So Soraru-san doesn't love Sou-kun?! What a plot twist!", Amatsuki said as Soraru looked like he was about to hit him.