Chapter 45: Deal

Ok, the day was almost over and I almost forgot but here it is! I really want to finish this book by this month so there are some more chapters to go ww and the last chapters may or may not be a bit longer because I put a lot in it ww Anyway, I hope you will enjoy this chapter~

"Where are we driving right now?", Hashiyan asked after he recovered from the pain in his stomach. He looked out of the window curiously as Kradness answered him.

"Usually, I would have to let you guys down here in the forest and let you guys find your own way out. But since we're trying to get your friends out of here, I'll sneak you guys underground.

There should be some defectors, streamers who were disqualified, living there. They'll probably help us. Luckily, I drove in this big car so probably everyone will fit in if they sit close together.", Kradness told them and Eve broke his gaze from the forest to look at the blonde male.

"Who are those defectors? And what do you mean with streamers who are disqualified?", Eve asked. "Ah, basically, those streamers are students who refuse to participate or broke too many rules so they are being forced to stay alone in a White Room until their group manages to escapes.

If you get in there, it's basically hopeless for you. But there are some defectors who still didn't give up. And those people are underground because they escaped the White Room.", Kradness explained and Eve nodded listening intently.

"I see... Is there by any chance—", before Eve could state his question, they were interrupted by a ringing sound and Kradness muttered a quick apology as he stopped the car to take the call. "This is Darkness. Yes? ....Ok...

I understand. I'll come right away.", Kradness said before hanged up. "Who was that? What did they say?", Hashiyan asked and Eve also gave him a questioning look. Kradness just sighed burying his face into his hands before looking up again.

"There's good news and bad news. Which one do you want to hear first?", Kradness asked. "Eh? The good news I guess.", Hashiyan said. "We won't have to find your friends anymore by doing that exhausting plan I made. Everyone from District 12 along with the defectors.", Kradness stated as they both brightened up.

"That's a good thing, right? Then let's go to them.", Hashiyan said enthusiastically but Eve pulled him back as he still had a worried look on his face. "You said that there were bad news as well, right? What were they?", Eve asked as Kradness stayed silent for a few seconds before answering.

"Your friends may or may have not caused some problems. Our plan to get them out of here quietly without anyone noticing won't be working anymore, now that they caught the attention of everyone from our labor and all the gamemasters.", Kradness confessed and Eve and Hashiyan were speechless for a few seconds before they both shouted out in shock. "Eh?!"

*****

"Become a gamemaster and work for this island. I'll promise to give you a stable job here to earn money for your siblings and I will bring you back to them. You just have to abandon your friends right here and now and I will save you.

I will help you to finally get the clear vision you've always searched for. So... Leave them now and join us.", Neko suggested and everyone gasped when they heard that. There was another suffocating silence and they all noticed how Soraru neither accepted nor declined the offer.

Urata felt ticked off when he saw that the ravenette didn't turn down the offer immediately. "Oi! What are you doing?! Don't tell me you are actually considering to accept her offer!", Urata said as he lifted his clenched fist.

Shima was still feeling angry about before as he stepped in front of the brunette. "Urata, you have to calm down! Soraru! You are behaving really suspicious right now but I'll trust you. So you better clear this up!", Shima said as he gave Soraru a bright smile who ignored him which ticked the brunette off even more.