“Riley? I asked you something."  She said as she snapped her fingers before my face waking me from my trance. “I asked, why do you want to know?"

         I shrugged casually. I wasn’t going to tell my Grandma how I knew Alec, because she would definitely kick me out. She thought I was spending the night at Jamie's and if she found out I was at a stranger's house, passed out, she would go ballistic.

        “Riley, why do-" She was going to ask but she stopped suddenly, as she stood upright and smoothened the wrinkles on her skirt. She put on a smile and faced the front door.

          What is wrong with her? Just as I was going to voice my thoughts, the door opened. Revealing the sole cause for my embarrassment.

          Alec Woods.

          My jaw fell, eyes widened, fingers froze on the keyboard, the glasses that I wore while using the computer hung carelessly on the tip of my nose, my breath quickened and I was sure the blood in my body went cold. All of this happened because Alec stood in front of me looking like an angel sent from Heaven. He was wearing a suit, Armani most probably, his coat unbuttoned, tie hung shabbily, hair messed up casually, his unshaven face giving him a rugged look. His eyes were locked on mine, completely ignoring my baffled Grandma, and his plump, totally kissable, soft looking, pink lips turned upwards into a smirk.

          He knew the effect he had on me. That asshole. I inconspicuously wiped my hands near my lips to check whether I had drool or not. And obviously, Alec noticed this.

          And his smirk widened.

         “Alp- I mean, Alec, what are you doing here?" My Grandma asked, still shocked, I guess because she stuttered saying his name.

         At Grandma's voice, his face snapped in her direction as if noticing her for the first time. His face immediately became expressionless but I was pretty sure I saw a flash of rage in his eyes. What had Grandma done to him?

        “Rachel." He said as he nodded at Grandma and then stared at her as if he were silently telling her something with his eyes. As if on cue, her eyes widened and a low gasp escaped her mouth as she brought her hand to cover her mouth. Wait, what just happened?

        “Grandma, are you okay? Alec, what did you do?" I yelled as I jumped of my seat to my Grandma in case she fell down. What had Alec done?

        My Grandma stared at me with wide eyes and a number of emotions passed through her eyes like - sympathy, love, happiness, sadness and an emotion which prevailed all others : Pride. She looked at me as if I told her I had won a Nobel prize for the discovery of insulin. She smiled at me and then turned to face Alec and gave him an almost imperceptible nod. But I caught on.

        “Grandma? Please tell me you're fine and why are you nodding at him?" I asked as I stressed on the word 'him'. I was really confused now.

        “Riley! Don't talk so rudely." My Grandma exclaimed. Oh great, she was nearly having a heart attack, giving me one too, and she was worried about my rudeness?

         I led her to one of the couches in the reception area, and gave her a glass if water from the cooler next to us. She took a sip of the water and then again stared at me with a weird look. I raised my eyebrow at her, which caused her to shake her head gently, and she looked away.

         I sighed knowing she wouldn't tell me anything. So I turned towards Alec, who had also been staring at me with a weird expression but it was different than Grandma's.