Chapter 13: Family

Start from the beginning

"Zuzu. It's okay. It's done. It's gone. We're safe, you didn't scream. It's okay." It took him ten minutes to fully pull him out of it, and when he did Izuku collapsed into Shouta's waiting arms.

Poor Hizashi had been horrified by the entire thing. Izuku slept between Shouta and Hizashi that night, taking comfort in their presence.

Izuku didn't really remember when it had happened, but at one point they'd been called out to hear the contents of Inko's Will. Izuku had been a terrified mess, worried that he'd be put into the foster care system.

His worries were for nothing, though. His mother had changed her Will at some point, and listed Shouta and Hizashi as his guardians should something happen to her. If they were unavailable, then he would be placed with Auntie Nemuri.

So his Dad and his Papa were now officially his dad and papa. Izuku was still trying to decide if he should change his name or not.

By this point, they'd moved all of Izuku's things from his mother's house to theirs. His bedroom was now as it had been, Eraserhead themed with accents of Present Mic and peppered with hero merch for just about any other hero (except Endeavor, the man always rubbed him wrong) in some manner. And absolutely no All Might.

He'd never been angry with the man, for what he'd done. But Shouta and Hizashi sure were. He got the feeling that they were still cross with him.

But now that they'd reached the end of Week 3 of recovery, Izuku and Shouta were much better. Shouta was even going out on short patrols again, and Izuku didn't have panic attacks when he left (he had the first time, though, and that scared the hell out of Auntie Nem).

He padded into the kitchen on silent feet, making sure that the chair scraped the floor to announce his presence.

"Morning, Little Listener~" Hizashi grinned as he poured Izuku a cup of heaven—er... coffee. "How'd you sleep?"

"Morning Pa. I slept really well. No nightmares, for once." He smiled as Yuki jumped up on his shoulders. He absently pet the growing feline as he gave Nana Chiyo a smile. "Morning Nana."

"Good morning, Izuku." She smiled and gave him a kiss on the forehead. Nana Chiyo had been a constant presence in the Yamazawa (as Izuku referred to the family) household. She'd taken up the open position of the grandmother that Izuku never had, and she never missed the opportunity to spoil him rotten. She always had gummies and other treats for him, and he found himself grinning whenever she came over.

Sometimes, she'd take him out to go do something fun, just the two of them. Izuku found himself comfortable around her, and she was the only person other than Shouta who could pull him out of panic attacks consistently. Even Hizashi couldn't always manage.

He sat down and started on his cup of coffee as Shouta shuffled into the room. The circles under his eyes were worse than they'd been before the kidnapping, but better than he'd seen them in three weeks. He looked tired, but that was normal, and he ruffled Izuku's hair gently as he passed him. Long sleeves covered the new scars around his wrists.

"Good morning, Problem Child." He smiled.

"Good morning, Problem Dad." Izuku replied cheekily, grinning as Hizashi laughed and Chiyo gave Izuku an amused smirk.

"Who said I'm a problem dad?" He eyed Hizashi.

"Well, I had to get it from somewhere, and I take after you the most." Izuku smirked.

Shouta shook his head, and Izuku counted that as a win. Auntie Nem came out twenty minutes later, looking much more like her old self. There were still bags under her eyes, but they weren't really noticeable, especially with her makeup.