Ukai smirked, his eyes darting over to Nekomata who's face was priceless. The coaches shared a glare off before the game continued.

'Where's it going...' Kuroo furrowed his eyebrows, staring intensely at Shinigami who did the same jump serve from before. What he wasn't expecting was to meet the handsome male's gaze as he was in mid-jump. There was a smirk on his lips, a dangerous glint in his eyes. 'M-Me?!'

The Nekoma captain grunted when the ball slashed into his chest, knocking his off his feet and back a few centimeters. He gasped, coughing at the sudden hit that was too fast for his own eyes to see. The ball rebounded off his chest and right into the net before falling to the ground. Kai rushed over, asking if he was alright after what had just happened. 

"Yeah...I'm fine," The captain staggered back up to his feet, going to glare at Shinigami but was a bit shocked to see a concerned look on the male's face. 'Why does he look so guilty? We're in the middle of a game...well, practice game...but now things are getting intense...'

'Did I hurt him? Aww crap, I wanted to hit on him but not in that way!' With the ball in his hands once more the male let out a sigh. 'At least were at 19 points now...one more...' The whistle was blown. 'Let's shake things up just a tad...' Going for a much lighter jump serve, Shinigami smirked when his hand hit the ball just the way he wanted to.

The ball flew over the net and right to Inuoka who looked happy that he could receive a hit that wasn't as hard as the one the captain had taken to the chest. But before he could receive it, the ball curved to the right, landing on the court beside his feet. The male's eyes widened, confusion filling him. 'What?!'

"A jump float? I didn't know he could so that..." Ukai mumbled, narrowing his eyes at Shinigami who just had the same small smile on his lips. He didn't look smug at all, even with the fact that he had just executed four perfect service aces in a row. In fact, the look on his face was unreadable. The male wore a smile, but behind his eyes were many mixed emotions, the indicator of a clouded mind. 

"The scores even now at least..." Takeda spoke up, earning a nod and grunt from the coach who kept his eyes focused on the second year.

"You're killing it!" Tanaka smirked, swiftly giving the other second year a smack on the back before the next serve. "Keep at it!" Nodding, Shinigami turned his gaze back to the other side of the court. He locked eyes with Kai, giving him a warning look that startled the male who gulped.

And sure enough, when he shot at them the canon like jump serve, it went straight to Kai. But to his right a little, but of course still in bounds. The Nekoma student's eyes were wide when he felt the air from the spinning ball wizz past his face, just centimeters away. 'Had he..intentionally avoided to hit me?...' When Kai looked to Shinigami, all he saw was the same gentle smile on the giant's face.

Shinigami let out a small sigh, rolling his right shoulder which clicked as he moved it. This didn't go unnoticed by Daichi who stared down the younger male. "Hey, don't hurt yourself." He warned, like a dad scolding a son who keeps injuring himself.

"Understood Captain," With that Daichi nodded, turning back to face the other side. He knew that Shinigami was a responsible student, so he didn't expect him to not listen to the warning.

What he wasn't expecting was a jump serve with his left arm.

Even though he switched arms, the service was still as hard as the ones with his right. The ball flew like a bullet to the other side where Yaku tried to dig it up. His fingers barely grazed the ball before it thumped into the court with an echoing sound.

"WHAT YOU'RE AMPHIBIOUS?!" Hinata shouted, instantly causing half the gym to burst into laughter.

"It's ambidextrous, and yes, I am." Shinigami chuckled, his shoulder bounding as he laughed at the poor pronunciation. Taking the ball that was thrown back to him, the male recentered himself.

'I want to get at least one spike in...so let's get this moving...' Tossing the ball into the air Shinigami jumped straight up right after, shooting the ball across the court with a smile. 'Of course, I still won't make it easy~,' As he had hoped, Yaku managed to receive the ball but it flew back over the net.

"I got it!" Shinigami shouted, receiving the ball to Kageyama. The black-haired male then set it to Asahi who spiked through the block only for it to get received by Inuoka who was forced back off his balance from the hit. Still, the ball managed to get to the setter, who shook off Tsukishima with a glance to the left.

After Karasuno rotated, the points began to go back and forth.

22-21

22-22

23-22

23-23

23-24

'Matchpoint...and this rally is killing me!' When Hinata spiked, Shinigami had expected no one to be able to dig it up, but that setter...

The ball flew back over the net, and everyone was so far forward. Being the closest to the back, Shinigami made a run for it before diving. Ge grunted at the feeling of his arm scraping against the floor, but the stinging feeling was the last thing on his mind.

He reached out, but it was too short. The ball fell into their side..and the final whistle was blown.

"Damn..."