Chapter 2

2.

I stumble out of the elevator feeling the slight jitters still running down my spine. I rush out the front lobby bursting through the glass double doors. I finally release the breath I'd been holding in and look up into the sky. Busy bystanders rush pass me trying to escape the patters of rain beginning while I just take it all in. Chresanto August.

Wow.

That's just it. He's just wow. And I know, I know, it seems as if I am swooning. Hell I am swooning, but it's secretly so it should be acceptable. Besides, Mr.August and I are only a short fantasy, maybe not even that. We are two different people in two totally different lifestyles.

While leaving the city all what feels like too soon, I replay the previous events. Chresanto. How could he have made me feel like that? No guy has ever made me felt like....that, before. Maybe I'm just tripping or something but, I don't know, that has to be it. I'm just overthinking the ordeal. I only felt that way because of the cleaning fumes I'd been inhaling all day.

"Yeah. That must be it."I try to convince myself as I fly down the clear free way.

Thank god rush hour is over.

As I pull up to our place after the not-so-long drive back, I quickly try to come up with a reason why I didn't ask any of Jen's questions. But that's just it. There is no reason why I hadn't asked to ask him any questions. Is there? Plus, I couldn't possibly lie to Jennifer. She'll see right through me. I groan going up to our door, pulling out my key before slowly sliding it in and turning. A sigh of relief blows out my mouth as I see she isn't in the front room. I drop the supplies to the floor and go straight into the kitchen.

"Quenching your thirst?"I choke on my first sip of ice cold water as Jennifer's voice nearly startles me to death.

"I-I was,"I dispose of the cup with it landing loudly into the sink."Are you feeling any better?"

"Good after the medicine and the sleep,"She smiled though her rosey cheeks and stuffy nose says otherwise."How'd it go with Mr.August?"

I shudder just at the name. God, that man. Where do I even start?

"Uh, what do you mean?"

"Hello,"She laughs,"did you forget where you were a few hours ago? The cleaning. Penthouse. Does it ring a bell?"She jokes coming more into the small and now heated kitchen.

"Oh,"I blush,"it was fine. His penthouse is nice."

"And?"She presses leaning forward over the counter top table that sits smack in the middle of the kitchen.

"And I met two of his assistants who scare the living hell out of me."I scoff but trace back,"Intimidation wise that is."I quickly add seeing the look of confusion on her face.

"Okay. So how was Mr.August? You're clearly beating around the bush Bell and I'm not falling for it."

Of course you aren't. Who could possibly fool you?

"I did run into him,"I mutter playing with my finger nails,"he's really....intimidating as well."

"Did you get a chance to ask him any questions?"

"Well...."

"Oh,"She nods with a small look of disappointment,"I understand."

"No, it's not that I didn't want to. It's just... I was tired and it was almost late out. You know I hate driving late. I-If it makes you feel any better I'd say he was a very well rounded, handsome, and lovely man."