Chapter 21

21.

Walking down the cascade of stairs I have my mind set on making it to the kitchen. I can't believe how fast we transitioned in our conversation. I mean, first we're talking about us lacking communication then we're in disagreement about my job.

Or my soon to be job. Then again I'm not the best person in the confidence lane. I just know I'm going to screw something up tomorrow. I'm just not ready. Ever since the incident with Chresanto's father, I've tried to convince myself that I wouldn't allow a situation like that to occur again.

"Isabel?"

I turn around quickly to face the voice of Abby.

"Abby, hi."I smile trying to mask my previous emotions.

"Hello. Is Chresanto home already?"

"Oh yeah,"I shake my head,"I'm sorry Abby, I completely forgot to come tell you."

"No need in apologies dear."She smiles before stepping into the kitchen with me."I suppose I should start dinner now."

"Oh," I look around,"well I don't want to be in your way or anything, so I'll leave you to it."

She nods ushering herself in,"I'll let you know when it's done."

I wave a short goodbye before going to head back up the stairs. But then I stop myself. Why go back into that room? It'll probably start something that'll make me end up right back here. Sighing, I head in the other direction. I've never really toured the place so maybe this is my chance.

I pass Abby again who is highly focused on the kitchen to my luck and went for the first hall adjacent. Of course there's doors on each side, some I even opened to take a quick peek in. So far I've found a guest room, a gym, and a room reserved for someone. None looking to be Chresanto's room.

Not that I'm snooping around in search of his room but it would definitely be nice to at least see. Considering I've never been in it and we sleep in separate bed rooms. And I'm not complaining about that either, because I mean-privacy and all, but it is rather odd that he's never even showed me to his room.

But time.

Maybe it takes time to crack the case that is Chresanto August. I try my hardest to understand him and I know, like said before, that he is in fact hiding something from me. But I'm willing to wait for him to be completely honest with me. The truth'll eventually spill out of him and all will balance out for the two of us. We're two grown people, humans, in progress just giving it a shot at this relationship thing.

And who knows, maybe this'll always be like this, maybe this is how we'll always work out. But I need to stick around long enough to find out. This isn't my giving up speech, just felt the need to vent. Give myself a little pep talk to cool down.

And I mean the disagreement wasn't that big of a deal. It was just Chresanto being himself, and me being myself and that's why we need communication to help us out.

Or maybe we need a little less communication.

Either way, we're both trying here and that's all that matters.

"Maybe I should go apologize,"I mutter."Yeah, yeah I'll go do that."

I start making my way back to my room until something shines in the corner of my eye. Basically catching my attention. I look to my right, seeing a door I hadn't opened. I take a quick look back down the hall to make sure no one is coming before slowly pushing the door open.