Chapter 10

10.

We both climb into the car with Monte shutting the door behind us. Monte climbs in himself, and starts the engine up. I take this time to watch out of the window as the university disappears out of sight. I sigh, taking my graduation cap off.

"Something wrong?"Chresanto's voice brings me back to reality.

"Oh,uh-no,"I flush,"just thinking about the university and me graduating."I look up at him."It just feels so surreal, you know what I mean?"

"I know exactly what you mean, though I've been through my own trials and tribulations with the university life."

I nod in an understanding way, and the car falls silent. Chresanto reaches up and clicks a button that sits in the middle of the back of Monte's seat. A black divider slides up, isolating us from Monte himself.

"It's both soundproof and tinted,"He nods towards the divider,"shall we talk?"His right hand rests on my knee. I jump a little at the sudden contact, earning a smirk from him. I blush again and rest my hand on top of his.

Okay, so we're getting straight to the point.

"Should I go first or?"I ask.

"You have the floor Miss Lennox."His left hand gestures my way. He stares me directly in the eye, making my face tint a light red I'm sure. He still smirks at me, rubbing gentle circles on my knee. It soothes me enough to get myself together.

I nod, letting out a small breath,"Okay, well I would guess it's pretty obvious that I like you and sometimes it feels like you feel the same way. Yet other times it feels like you want me to stay away from you at all cost."I explain but stop myself. He's touching me. He's fumbling around with my knee, still giving me his undivided attention but his other hand finds its way to my right thigh, gently gliding it up and down.

"Continue."He encourages me biting at his bottom lip, noticing that I've stopped to pay attention to his hands. But of course now I've suddenly lost my train of thought. Where was I? Oh right, the avoidance. Darn his soothing hands and plump lips.

"L-Like that one time at the d-donut shop, you totally stormed away from me and said something along the lines of 'you should steer clear of me, I'm not the man for you.' But Chresanto, can I be the judge of that? Can I figure that out for myself? Of course I would end up hurt in the end if what you say is true but-,"

I am suddenly cut of my ranting by Chresanto gently grabbing ahold my face with one hand, the other still resting on my thigh. I shut my mouth immediately and without warning, his lips make urgent contact with mines.

Though in complete shock, I shut my eyes and kiss him back. The kiss is slow and gentle, a complete comparison to who Chresanto is himself. A graceful and honorable man. But that isn't all that is in this kiss. His hand caresses the side of my face, deepening the kiss to where it's just right. His tongue swipes across my bottom lip, asking for entrance to which I agree, allowing us to engage in a kiss of the French. The intimacy within this moment is what surprises me. Never had I been kissed like this before. Never had I imagined kissing Chresanto like this.

Kissing him, yes of course I have dreamt of, but not like this, not this perfect.

All to soon it ends with both of us panting forehead to forehead and holding the side of each other's face. I flutter open my eyes to see him already staring at me, and as creepy as it sounds it warms my entire body with a tingling feeling. He gives me another quick peck to the lips before pulling back completely,"You talk a whole lot."He smiles and I laugh a bit, turning red again.

"Sorry."

He continues smiling,"No need to apologize,"He grabs ahold of my hand and kisses it,"I did enjoy it even though I had to cut it short."