In any other situation, Jessi would've gushed about how cool that was.

      She returned her attention back to Thanos below, and bit her bottom lip anxiously "hey, kid" her dad called over his shoulder "you're not going to like hearing this but I think you should-"

"Stay back? And let you handle this?" she finished for him calmly.

"Look, I know-"

      "I agree" she said quickly. Steve's ears pricked at that and he turned to look at her "I haven't used a suit in years, and I'm in no shape to fight a monster like that" she looked down to her hands "I know my limitations... so I'll go locate the stones, and help whoever I can find" she stepped away, prepared to fly off, but Tony caught her arm "hm?" she asked, the helmet to her suit retracted back over her head to reveal her face.

      He looked over to Thanos, his dark eyes appearing to be worried for the first time. She waited for him to continue "If something goes wrong, if..." he said slowly "we, or I, don't make it. Then-"

      "I need you to win this, Dad, okay? Whatever happens to us after happens. We'll carry on as we always do" she took his armored hand "I know with everything inside of me that we will win, and that we'll be free. But I cannot think about at what cost right now, I can't think about... what's going to be lost today. The only thing I want to think about is how much I believe in you, and you guys" she looked to Thor and Steve "more than anything"

All three of them smiled at her.

"Now..." she breathed "go shred that ass grape"

***

      She flew down to the ground as she searched for any survivors of their group. So far, she hadn't managed to find a single soul. The sound of the battle taking place against Thanos could be heard from all the way over where she was. It didn't sound too good. He was the most powerful being in the universe. But she knew of what Tony, Thor, and Steve were capable of. Their joined power as a trio was definitely a force to be reckoned with. They were fighting at full strength against the Titan. Jessi scanned the area behind her helmet, still not picking up on any life forms. She furrowed her eyebrows together "Does anyone copy? I'm looking for you, hello?" she called, gritting her teeth at the static.

      "Please don't be gone" she whispered to herself, her heart aching in her chest. All of her friends were missing, or worse. The compound was in ruins, and the remaining Avengers were risking their lives to fight Thanos. No one is left to help them. It's up to the three "I'll keep looking, there is still time" she said out loud, raising her hand up to blast a hole in collapsed building "I won't let anyone else die because of him" she prepared to fire a blast, but a sudden image flashed across her mind. It stopped her dead in her tracks. She could see the lake.

      She was standing by the lake again, her hair blowing in the gentle breeze. Someone was beside her. Their voice was like an echo in the wind "who are you?" she asked shakily, seeing the shimmering water as vividly as ever. Her hand lowered to her side. What if she never reaches the lake? What if this voice, this person, that she feels is never reached? Why is she thinking of it now? "I need to see you, before it's too late" she looked out to the distance, spotting Thanos who was throwing Thor off to the side like a rag doll and knocking Steve to the ground "and he's not going to take that away"

She remembered him stealing the stone away from her in Wakanda, with the pain of losing the entire world settling down on her shoulders. Thanos had won then, but she won't let him win this time. All of these long years had led to this, all of her life had led to this moment. I will reach the lake... and I will see you.

Thor was pushed up against the ground as Thanos pressed the sharp axe into his chest. The demi-god struggled against his strength, his face was beginning to grow red in frustration. Cap and Tony were too caught up in regaining their balance from the Titan's previous attacks to help. Jessi saw this from afar, and her eyes widened in worry. Her helmet flipped up over her head, which allowed for some strands of her brunette hair to fall out. She stepped closer towards the edge of the platform that she stood on and outstretched her hand to her friend who was about to be killed. He had needed her help without saying it out loud back when he was just a worthless drunk held up in his dark home.

Years of wasting away in front of the television with a bottle to his lips, letting his stomach extend and beard grow with each passing day. He needed her help then. He needed her help now as well, with the monster that took his brother away preparing to end his life. Her eyes narrowed as her fingers strained out in front of her. She could see Thor in between her thumb and pointer finger. A sudden blade of lightening struck just before her position, hitting the ground below where she stood. It's heat radiated against the skin of her cheeks. Breaking in between the lightening strike, mjölnir appeared through the electricity and flew into her palm as if it had been waiting all her life.

The force of its power blew her hair back, and shuttered the ground beneath her feet. She held it up higher, hardly able to process the fact that her body knew exactly what to do when calling it to her. However, that didn't matter now. She knew what she needed to do. The hammer sent her flying across the battlefield, and without hesitation, she rammed it forcefully against the Titan's head. Her feet landed on the ground and she slid to a halt as she watched him stumble to the side. He pressed his purple hand to his bloodied temple and blinked in surprise, turning to see her blue-eyed death glare. Tony was behind her, his jaw opened wide behind his iron suits helmet. He couldn't believe what he had just witnessed.

Jessi flipped the handle in her hand smoothly, the hammer acting on its own as if it was apart of her "and who are you?" Thanos questioned in a smug tone as he readied his shield and shifted his position to face her. He was exactly as she remembered him. He had held a tight grip around her neck all those years ago in Wakanda, his eyes cutting into hers like daggers. She was afraid of him back then, but tried to hide it. Now, there was only vengeance.

But that's why she's an Avenger.

      "I am the one" she raised mjölnir towards the heavens and allowed for the lightening to consume her, her voice faded to a growl "I am"