3.

"We're leaving the school now, we should arrive in the next twenty minutes"

"Have a good time, and tell me all about it when you get back!"

      "I'll sure try. Hey, remember last year we went together and we got yelled at by the staff because we stuck our fingers up the statues noses?" he laughed through the phone. Ned, Peter, and I got in trouble by messing with the old statues at the art museum. The picture of Peter with the statue is still my wall paper.

"I wish you were coming though, it'll boring" he added.

       "Me too" I replied, leaning my palm against my cheek as I spoke lazily with my boyfriend on my un-maid bed. He was going on a field trip with our school, Midtown High. This has been my life lately, the domestic life of a teenage billionaire with a super cute boyfriend.

      I blew him a quick kiss through the phone before hanging up and plugging my phone up to the charger. The green light glowed, telling me that it was charging. I stood up from my bed and went to the full length mirror near the door. Old tickets and photographs were taped up on the mirror. A carnival ticket, one photo of my aunt, mother and I, an old stark expo ticket, and also some random snaps with me and a few of the avengers.

        "Jessi!" I heard Pepper call my name from out the bedroom door. She was probably coming to ask me another question for her upcoming wedding "Do you have a moment?" She called, her shoes clicking down the hall.

        "Yeah!" I replied, taking another look at the photos before turning towards the door. She was about to enter the room at any second.

That's when the carpeted floor below my feet opened up in an orange, circular portal. The ground gave away. My eyes widened and a gasp escaped my lips as my body plummeted through the portal to oblivion.

                                     ***

      Pepper entered the bedroom just a moment later, just as the portal closed up tight as if nothing had happened. She was flipping through several google images of flowers on her iPad as she stepped in through the door. She looked up from the screen, expecting to see Jessi whom she had just spoken with a moment ago.

         "So, I was thinking a light pink-" she paused, looking around the room. Jessi was nowhere to be found "Oh... I could've sworn...." she whispered to herself before shrugging and leaving the room.

                                       ***

        I landed on the hard wood floor, falling to my knees and then rolling dramatically onto my back. The room seemed to be spinning a mile a minute. My eyes squeezed shut on impact. Not the most graceful of entrances. The Doctor  himself was standing over me with his arms crossed, and eyebrows raised "That. Was not. Necessary" I grunted, my eyes still closed "You have my number, you could have just called like a normal wizard"

        "I need your help" he extended his hand to me which I took, he pulled me up to my feet. To any other person, that fall would've hurt a lot, but since the extremis is in my body... well, you know. I wiped dust from my maroon pants.

         "You pull a stunt like that and expect me to help you?" I snapped my eyes to him, eyeing his familiar caped outfit and special necklace that holds one of those mystical stones.

         "You're not going to help me?" He asked slowly, his arms falling to his sides. The serious tone in his voice returned.

"Well... I mean, of course I am, but-"

       "Alright Stark, just listen" he cut me off, I closed my lips. No matter how much this wizard annoys me, I like him. I'll try to help with anything as much as I can, depending on the problem "We have a complicated situation. I need all of the trusted people that I can get my hands on"