18.

"It's been 23 days since Thanos came to Earth. World governments are in pieces. The parts that are still working are trying to take a census" Natasha enlightened Tony and the newly arrived Nebula of the current living situation here on earth. Different images of the many who were missing floated on holographic screens. Tony looked away when Peter Parker's photo appeared "And it looks like he did exactly what he said he was gonna do..."

"Fifty percent" Jessi stated numbly "Thanos wiped out... half of all living creatures" she sat at the table beside her father, a cup of coffee that was at one point hot rested between her hands. Her eyes stared at the brown liquid "Now we know that it just wasn't on earth, but all across the galaxy and beyond" she cut her eyes to the blonde woman who had carried the battered vessel back to the compound.

"Every planet out there is suffering just as yours is" Carol Danvers explained, her arms crossed. She looked to each of the Avengers that were positioned around the table.

"Where is he now?" Tony asked, leaning his hand against his chin.

"We don't know" Steve answered with slight disappoint. He stood leaning up against the counter in the room with his arms crossed over his chest "He just opened a portal and walked through" Jessi thought of how everyone began to fade away into the wind back in Wakanda. It was devastating. King T'Challa, Wanda, Bucky, Sam, all of the people that she grew to love.

She set her coffee mug down on the table, giving up on the beverage completely. She didn't have any appetite anyway, these days she never did "What's wrong with him?" Her Father questioned quickly, pointing to Thor who sat alone in the corner of the room. He had purposefully excluded himself from the conversation all together. Jessi followed her father's finger and studied Thor's facial expression. She already knew of the conflict that was currently battling within him.

"He's pissed. He thinks he failed" Rocket the Raccoon answered. He had been rather quiet for the past half an hour as well "Which of course he did" he shrugged "but there's a lot of that goin' around, ain't there?"

"Honestly... at this exact second... I thought you were a Build-A-Bear"

"Maybe I am"

"We've been hunting Thanos for three weeks now" Steve interrupted, regaining the focus of Tony and Rocket. Jessi ran her fingers through her brunette hair, giving the back of her head a light scratch "Deep space scans, and satellites" he listed off "and we got nothing. Tony, you fought him-"

      "Who told you that?" he fired back, becoming defensive. He shifted in his wheel chair, the IV bag hanging behind swung in the air. His thin fingers fiddled with the IV needle injected into his skin "Didn't fight him. No. He wiped my face with a planet and turns out the Bleecker Street magician didn't even have the stone the entire damn time. That's what happened, Cap. There was no fight..."

Jessi opened and closed her burnt hand under the table, thinking again of Stephen Strange.

"Did he give you any clues? Any coordinates, anything?" Steve asked.

      "Pfft!" Tony placed his fingers to his temple. Everyone sighed. Even if Thanos has dropped a subtle hint somewhere during the battle, Tony probably wouldn't be right enough in the mind to remember it. Jessi placed her hand on his arm, giving it a squeeze in comfort.

"Just relax, it's okay" she told him soothingly.

      "You know, I saw this coming a few years back" he said to her, once again becoming distracted. He was speaking to everyone in the room, but he looked at her the entire time "I had a vision. I didn't wanna believe it. Thought I was dreaming" he settled back in his chair.