7.

Vision doesn't want to be found, at least not by the Avengers. He ran off to live his best life, and no one can fault him for that. I spent hours flying around Edinburgh, Scotland in attempts to find him. His last known location was here. I don't know how in the hell I'm suppose to find him blind like this. The tracker I was using began acting all glitchy awhile ago so now it's unusable.

Part of me wishes that he'd just show up like magic, but nothing is ever that easy in this world. I sat on the top of St. Giles' Cathedral. The sun had sunk below the horizon leaving nothing but stars. I wondered which one Peter or my Father was on. I wiped under my eye, not even realizing that I had been crying.

The man who took me in, the man whom I thought would hate me. He raised me to the best of his ability, gave me everything, showed me that he is a good man. I've treated him so poorly, especially recently. I broke his heart by running away, he should have turned me away, but no, he allowed me back into his embrace. I hugged my knees to my chest, not caring that the chill of the night was nipping at my skin.

I'm the one who should have been sucked up into the space craft, not him, not them. My heart felt empty, it's a sensation that I've felt before, but it has never been as strong as this. It's causing my arms and legs to feel heavy as stone. My head aches behind my eyes. Is it possible for someone to die of a broken heart? Because I feel as if that's happening.

I wiped the tears away and looked back out across the city. It was quiet here, not a bad place to live. No wonder Vision chose to come here. I ran my fingers through my hair, wishing that Peter was with me. Just a few days ago we sat on the edge of that building in Manhattan. I can still feeling him sitting behind me, his leg pressed against mine. I wanted to fall into the memory and never return out of it.

          But the sudden sound of glass breaking and muffled cries caught my ear. I perked up, immediately becoming suspicious of the sound. It's pretty late at night, and the rest of the city is asleep. Another scream sounded. I stood up and flew down to the sidewalk, my new gloves and boots working smoothly. My instinct was to go and checkout whatever was happening.

The streets were dark and only lit with the dim sidewalk lamps. Rain had fallen not too long ago, leaving the ground damp. I rounded the corner, noticing flashes of red in the distance. The color bounced against the stone buildings. I ran forward, pausing only for a brief moment when I noticed the glaring TV screens behind the glass window of a store. It was on the local news channel, and the headline was 'Tony Stark Missing'.

           I stared at the screen and studied the picture of my Father. The news showed footage and images of the events from earlier today. It seemed like so long ago, but it was less than 24 hours. Muffled cries filled the air, bringing me back to my senses. I took off down the dark sidewalk and skidded to a halt by the corner. A piercing, painful scream filled the night air. I poked my head around the corner to see.

           Two tall figures stood in the middle of a cobblestone street, one of them held a staff. His massive foot was resting on the chest of a third figure. The third figure was laying helplessly on the ground with a stab wound through his chest. The tall figure was using his staff to remove something from the third's head. I felt my face drop in dread.

           It was Vision. He was in trouble, and in pain. My feet moved on their own. I took off into the air and flew as fast as I could towards them. I turned my body so my feet connected first with the aliens head.

He was sent tumbling to the ground. The other alien, who was a female with blue war paint on her pale face, turned to me with a growl "hello there lassie!" I greeted, firing my repulsers at her. She was sent back a few feet and landed hard on her back.