Mista x Reader : Alone

[Bit of a sad boy one shot so prepare for some feelies]

To see you lying in your bed, barely moving to speak or even acknowledge his presence, reaffirmed to Guido that something was definitely bothering you. Even after you tried to tell him you were okay, tried to tell him there was nothing to worry about, it didn't matter. You had given yourself away.

Under the covers in your pitch black bedroom, the squeak of the door alerted you to your uninvited company. A sigh escaped your lips as you rolled onto your back, your face being revealed after so long of hiding under your blankets.

"What's got you so down?" Mista asked softly as he sat on the foot of your bed, his back to you. He hated feeling like he was invading your privacy, but after everything you two had been through together, he wasn't going to let you be sad alone.

"Nothin'," you mumbled, slowly forcing yourself to sit up. A rather annoyed grunt parted the man's lips as he turned his head slightly, just enough to see you. Your hair was a knotted mess from tossing and turning in your bed all day. Your eyes were sunk in slightly, dark bags betraying how tired you were. Whether you were tired or tired of living, he couldn't tell.

"Why are you lying to me?" He accused, rather casually as he fully turned himself to face you. You met his dark eyes, your own glimmering in the light that was streaming in from the hallway. A moment of silence passed as you were opting not to answer his question. This, however, did not fly with him.

"Giorno is worried 'bout you too. He sent me to try and figure out what had you so sad," he pulled his legs in so he was sitting cross legged before reaching out and taking your hands into his much larger ones. "When was the last time you ate?"

Again, you tried not to answer him. Casting your gaze slightly downward, Mista grunted in acknowledgement, clearing reading you much easier than you thought he would be able to. Still, he persisted.

"I want you to know that I'm not gonna leave you alone like this," the pad of his thumb ran gently against the back of your hand. "I'm not gonna let you be sad by yourself. Everyday, I'll come in here after I report back on missions. I'll bring you food, even candy if it means you'll eat somethin'. We've been through a lot together and you mean so much to me, so please, don't think for even a moment that you're alone or that you can't ask for help."

With his small speech out of the way, he let your hands slip from his as he started to get to his feet. He didn't get very far, however, as you shot your hand out and grasped his bicep tightly. You didn't want him to go. You didn't want to be alone but you couldn't figure out how to put your feelings into words. You didn't know how to express yourself. All that you and Mista and Giorno had gone through to become the leaders of Passione was too much for you to bear, condemning you to silence in hopes that you could figure it out on your own.

But you couldn't.

You needed Mista and Giorno, the only other two people who had been through what you had. Who had seen the things you did. Who had killed people, just like you had. They were all you had left in your life and you needed them and their comfort so desperately.

"What is it?" Guido looked down at you, sadness swirling in his hues.

"I don't want you to go," you managed to force yourself to speak. It was already a step forward from where you had started just earlier that day. "I-I need you." Though it came out as a whimper, Mista understood that this was not you being weak. This was you being the strongest you possibly could be.

"Okay," he hummed, sitting back down on your bed and taking your hands back into his. "Then I'll stay as long as you need me to. I'm sure Giorno can manage without me, just for a little while. Right now, you're my number one priority." He gave you his signature smile, a gesture that made your heart beat just a little bit faster. With a small nod, you leaned forward and wrapped your arms around his neck, pulling him down into you slightly.

For a while, you two stayed like that. He had put his arms around your waist, nearly pulling you onto his lap as you buried your face in his shoulder. Despite it being silent, it was also incredibly comforting. Being in his arms felt warm and safe, the one thing you'd been desperately longing for ever since you first got involved in gang activities. As you stayed cradled in his arms, you felt the need to sleep creep up on you and whisk you into a dreamland.

When you awoke, you weren't sure how much time had passed, however you were acutely aware of the pair of arms wrapped around your hips. You felt your cheeks get red as you turned your head slightly to see that Mista was wide awake, holding you flush against him and staring around as though ready to guard you from anything that would dare hurt you. Nervously, you raised your head, alerting him that you were awake.

"Did you sleep okay?" He smiled down at you, the scowl that was there a moment ago now just a distant memory. You gave him a nod before your cheeks started to flush red and you looked away shyly.

"Sorry for falling asleep on you," you whispered, attempting to shift off his lap, only to be pulled in tighter.

"Don't apologize," he insisted. "Havin' you curled up in my arms like that was like heaven to me." With wide eyes, you looked up to see that his cheeks were now tinted pink as well.

"Listen," he sighed, shaking his head slightly as he tried to get his thoughts together. "I know you're in a pretty vulnerable state right now so I want to make it clear that I am in no way tryin' to force you into anything. I just have to get this off my chest.

"I really like you. I have since you first joined Passione. You're smart, strong willed, clever, quick witted as hell and you're drop dead gorgeous. Everything about you has the power to make my bad days a hell of a lot better in an instant. I know, I know, this shit is all super cliche. But honestly, I don't care. It's how I really feel.

"I'm sure that's a lot to hear right now, but you don't have to return the feelings. I'm still gonna be right here with you, by your side every step of the way even if you don't. Whatever happens, you're my number one. I just wanted you to know that you're loved and that I would do anything to see that smile of yours," as he finished, he turned his head slightly to look at your face. His eyes widened at the sight.

Tears were streaming down your flushed cheeks as you stared up at him, admiration and adoration abundant in your eyes. Your bottom lip was trapped between your teeth as you tried your best not to sniffle obnoxiously. Quickly, Mista went into panic mode.

"No, no!" He hugged you tightly against him. "I didn't mean to make you cry, I'm sorry!" Confusion rushed through his veins as he heard a gentle laugh come from you.

"Mista," you hummed quietly, wrapping your arms around him as tightly as you could.

"Thank you."