Jotaro x Reader : Recovery

[MAJOR PART 3 SPOILERS!!! Also issa short one <3]

"Jotaro!" His name ripped from your lips, your scream covering the sounds of the fight in front of you. He was trying to fight hand to hand with Dio, by himself. Kakyoin, Avdol, Iggy and Mr. Joestar had already been taken down. All that was left was you, Polnareff and Jotaro himself. The knives seemed to puncture every square inch of his body and you found your body moving before you could think.

Dio easily slapped you away, sending you careening back into a building. Glass shattered around you and you felt some of your ribs snap. With a gasp of breath, you tried to force yourself to your feet again. You could feel one of the bones in your leg creak as it broke apart, but that didn't phase you. You would stop Dio or you would die trying. Before you could approach the vampire again, Polnareff stepped in front of you. He pushed you back, forcing you to stay out of the fight. You fell back on the ground, gasping for breath as one of your lungs was punctured. You didn't want to concede. You wanted to fight, to prove yourself, but the opportunity was stolen from you as the world faded to black.

You don't know how long you were out for, but when you awoke, you were side by side in a hospital bed with Jotaro. He had his arm slung over your shoulder, his hat pulled down over his face as he slept. From the looks of him, the worst he had was a broken arm and maybe a couple broken ribs. It was a wonder to you how he was even still alive, let alone how that was the extent of his injuries.

With a weak sigh, you leaned back into his side. He stayed sound asleep. His battle with Dio must've taken his very last ounce of energy.

"I'm so glad you're okay," you whispered meekly. If he was awake, he didn't acknowledge you, but you assumed he was still sound asleep. The rhythmic rise and fall of his chest was too perfect to be an act. "I was so scared I was going to lose you too." Your voice got quieter still as you nestled into his side, bottom lip quivering as you attempted to stop the tears before they could fall.

"I'm never going to leave you," his voice was groggy, as though your talking had woken him up. If you weren't already crying, those words would've been enough to send you overboard. His hand slowly worked it's way into your hair, petting it gently despite all the knots. "I killed Dio so we could live together in a world without him, not so I could leave you behind."

"I don't know what I would do without you," you mumbled honestly, slowly forcing yourself into a sitting position so you could see his face better. His eyebrows creased in concern at the sound of your pained whimpers.

"You shouldn't be trying to move so soon," he scolded softly. Jotaro when he was fresh from a nap seemed to be quite the caregiver. He was being very open and honest with his emotions, even showing you how much he loved you. It was a very strange change of pace, but a welcome one after all you had been through together.

"I have to recover fast," you didn't fight against him as he gently pressed your shoulders back down so you were laying once again. Staring up at him with star filled eyes, you couldn't help but continue your train of thought. "We're the defenders of the universe now, I can't take too long to get better."

Jotaro had to stifle a laugh. It was clear from your comment that the doctors still had you doped up on more pain medicines than he could count. He hummed softly as he tried to think of a reply that was fitting. His hand continued to run through the knots in your hair, coaxing you back to the world of sleep.

"Tell you what," he smirked down at you as he watched your eyes struggle to stay open.

"Get better first and then we can worry about being defenders of the universe."