Enemy's, Acquaintances and Cheaters

Start from the beginning

I tried to refocus my mind on the hear and now - something my therapist had told me to do years after severe panic attacks.

"Smell something, see something, touch something" he would continuously recommend me. Sometimes it worked, sometimes it didnt...mainly because I wasnt really trying to make it work, but anyway.

The fact of the matter was that Liam scared me. After a childhood of severe shyness and social anxiety, Liam always seemed to be in the center of all of my problems. When he was around, I wanted him gone and nowhere near me. But admittedly, when he was gone I wanted him close. I didn't know why though considering all of the stuff he had put me through. He was like a drug. I knew he was bad for me, but I craved him. I used to crave him so much that it hurt at times, mentally and physically.

Well tonight, I wasn't going to let him have any power over me. In fact, tonight, I was going to be in charge (or so I thought).

We finally reached the barn entrance and Sophie was very far gone (drunk wise) now. She might as well have called it a night and gone home. I just hoped that Mark wasn't inside for her sake. I didn't want her to embarrass herself drunkenly like this.

"Here goes nothing" she half whispered as she pushed open the heavy barn door.

Memories threatened to ruin my night, but I dare let them.

'Not now. Please not now' I begged myself.

Shoulders back, arse out, tits out, I entered the barn behind Sophie.

Straight away the smokey fog of weed and cigarettes hit us hard and strong, and we struggled to make out any familiar faces at first. Until Liam's laughing caught my ear; that cheeky chuckle he did with his mouth wide open and all teeth perfectly on display. As soon as I saw him, he saw me and we held eye contact for what felt like longer than was necessary, although that could have just been the alcohol messing with my head.

His gaze turned evil with a hint of slyness also coming over his face

"Hello, stranger" he muttered, looking me up and down hungrily. I noticed his eyes lock on my thighs and boobs for longer that was necessary.

I looked down self consciously at my body, all confidence leaving me in a matter of seconds. I then looked at Sophie who was busy examining the person sitting next to Liam.

"Ellie?" She swayed a little. "Don't we know that guy from somewhere?"

She nodded her head towards the stranger next to Liam and I carefully followed her gaze. Just then my eyes came into focus on the curly haired boy with tinted sunglasses, and I realised that he wasn't a stranger at all.

It was Pat

Postman Pat.

Creepy Pat.

My body tightened as I watched him chatting to Liam. I had never felt so sick in my entire life (except for the day I found out of my parents passing).