Chapter Four

Lauren sat in front of the computer. She typed quickly and efficiently into Google. She typed, "Cara Alien" and hit search.

          The first thing that appeared was a message just below the search bar that read, "Did you mean Kara Alien?" followed by a link that appeared was a website titled "All about the Queen Kara Alien From Pink M&M." 

          "Turns out the name of it is Actually "Queen Kara," Lauren reported 

           Jordana squinted to look at the screen. "Huh. Are we sure this is the same person? or Alien, or whatever?"

          "Only one way to test," Lauren sighed. She clicked on the link she had spotted. After it Loaded, the first thing she saw was a huge picture of a pink Alien with long antennas and a crown on its head. It looked like the one Jackson had described. It looked like Cara.

          "Jackson," Lauren looked down to see the three puppies staring up at her. 

          "What is it?" Jackson's eyes widened. "Did you find it?"

          "We think, but we need you to verify." Lauren smiled.

          Jackson got up on his back legs and propped his front paws on the desk so he could see. He stared at the photo at the screen for a long moment before looking up at Jordana and Lauren and saying, "Yep, that's her."

          Gracie and Jimmy looked up above the desk too.

          "Wow," Gracie stared at the computer. "She's... Questionable."

          "She looks like Jordana!" Jimmy yelled out loud.

          Jordana sighed a heavy sigh. "Let's find out more," she suggested.

          Lauren skimmed through the website, taking in all the information she could.

          Lauren turned to face the rest of them. "So, Turns out, She has dark magic in her scepter that she uses to do curses. The puppy curse is one of them, since she hates dogs, and loves the color pink."

          "Is there any way to undo it?" Gracie asked hopefully.

           Lauren turned back to the computer. She skimmed through a bit more, and then smiled. "it says here that there is one way."

          "And that is?" Jackson smiled, wagging his tail.

          As Lauren read some more, her smile slowly dropped to a frown. "The only way to undo a curse by Queen Kara is to get ahold of her scepter and destroy it. This will take away all the magic she has and undo ever curse she's ever done," Lauren read out loud. She spun around in her chair to face Jordana. "How the heck will we ever do that?"

          Jordana shrugged but then smiled. "I'm sure we'll figure something out. I guess the first thing to do would be to set the destination on this thing to Pink M&M?"

          "Wouldn't it be better to have a plan first?"

          "I agree with Lauren."

          While everyone else went back and forth for a bit, Jimmy walked out of the room. 

          "Jimmy," Jackson growled. "Where are you going?"

          "Nowhere," Jimmy grinned as he continued to trot out of the room.

          "Then get back here," Jackson said a bit more sternly. 

          "What's over there?" Jimmy yelled in horror. Of course, there was nothing over there, he just needed a distraction.

          Jackson turned his head in alarm and began scanning the area. Meanwhile, Jimmy explored the area when he found a large red button on the wall. He grinned.

          If you're a person, or dog rather, with a personality like Jimmy's, and you see a big red button on the wall labeled, "Emergencies Only," you can't not push it. It's not possible.

          So that's what Jimmy did. He jumped up on the wall and slapped it.

           A siren went off, and The three girls rushed out of the computer room to investigate. When they saw Jimmy, they were not amused.

          And Jackson was furious

          a door opened in the wall next to the button. No one would have known it was there if it hadn't opened. Inside was a small pod, similar to the control center at the front of the shuttle, only less advanced.

         "DEPARTURE IN SIXTY SECONDS," a voice said.

          "C'mon guys, get in!" Jimmy ran inside the pod.

          "Jimmy, get out of there," Lauren breathed. "We're all much better off in here."

          "Yeah, Jimmy, get out!" Jackson yelled. He walked into the pod, snarling. "You think this whole thing is a big joke, but you gotta be serious about this!"

          "DEPARTURE IN THIRTY SECONDS."

          Gracie came to stand by her brother's side. "You gotta grow up, Jimmy" she snorted. 

          "Not right now," Jimmy smiled. "Right now we gotta get out of this," he waved his nametag around. 

          "We can't do that if we're in this pod!" Jackson raged.

          "DEPARTURE IN TEN SECONDS."

          Lauren and Jordana came beside the puppies and got on their knees. "We should get out of here, "Jordana said, her heart beating fast.

          But Just as they turned around to leave, the door closed behind them. They were trapped.

          "DEPARTURE IN FIVE...FOUR..."

          Jackson whipped his head around and snarled at Jimmy. "THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT!" he roared. "YOU'RE THE REASON WE'LL NEVER GET OUT OF THIS MESS!" 

       "ONE...DEPARTURE."

          Lauren picked up Jackson and silenced him. "You guys can't keep fighting like this. you'll have to eventually work together to defeat Queen Kara. You need to learn to get along sooner or later."

          Jimmy sighed. "Ok, this is all my fault. But Lauren's right! We gotta work together, Jackson! we're not gonna get anywhere fighting!"

          "Right," Jordana nodded. There was a pause. "Anyway, where are we heading?" she walked over to the GPS on the small control panel. 

           "You tell me," Lauren responded.

          "The Green M&M," Jordana announced.

          "Cool! Wonder what we'll find there!" Jimmy wagged his tail.

          "The only problem is it's not pink M&M," Gracie sighed.

          "That's probably a good thing, actually. We don't even have a plan to defeat Queen Kara, thanks to Lincoln."

           Jordana shot him a shut-up-and-be-nice look. "We can think of a plan on Green M&M.  Who knows, maybe we can even find someone who can help us!"

          Jackson rolled his eyes as if he hated to admit Jordana was right.

          "We'll do that then," Lauren nodded to Jordana with a smile.