"Shisui, stop it. You aren't think-" 

"Please, Tane. This is the only way." He turned back to Itachi, and I felt blood being drawn from my lip.

"I want you to take this. Put it somewhere safe, for when you need it." He said, taking his last remaining eye out and handing it to Itachi, who summoned a crow to take it for him. My teeth sunk deeper into my lip.

"I'm sorry, but I'm trusting you two. You have always been a better pair anyway." 

"Shisui, stop it!" I yelled, not too loud. His head turned to the sound of my voice.

"Tane, you know that I love you more than I should, and more than you do me." I the tears had already begun escaping my eyes, but my voice was stern, and hoarse.

"Shisui, there are other ways. You... you don't have to..."

"I'm trusting you two. I know you all can do well. Worry looks good on neither of your faces, you know. I know that's the look you're giving me. But don't worry. I'll be okay. I'll help as much as I can. But for now, this is what I can do." Itachi took a step towards him.

"Take care of the village. Save the Uchiha name." Shisui's foot grazed the edge.

"I love you, Tane." And he fell. 

It all happened in slow motion, Shisui, a smile on his face falling, slowly, slowly falling. Itachi and I running to the edge. Him missing, my hand grazing Shisui's, and more tears falling as I desperately gripped, and his fingers curled around mine.

And then the crash, knowing he was dead, that we wouldn't ever see him again, Itachi's Mangekyo, and the tears. So, so many tears.

Itachi and I went back to his house, and he let me stay there, yelling at his father in the process, anger and despair and fear all coming out in the argument as I went to his room and waited out the arguing, lying on Itachi's bed.

"Tane." He whispered. I noticed a large red mark on the left side of his face, but decided to say nothing about it.

"He's dead, Itachi." I said, the tears finally coming back. He nodded, and lay next to me in his bed over the covers, holding me.

"I know, I know." I could feel his tears, too. I saw the desperation in his look as he reached for him, and he knew the look in mine. Because Shisui was my other half. Without him, I wouldn't last long. Even if I did have Itachi, I wouldn't last long.

"Kiuya-"

"He's here, he's here. That's the other reason my father was so mad. Is so mad." I nodded and nuzzled my head further into his chest, and tightened myself into a ball.

"What were you mad at me about today?" I whispered, barely able to hear myself.