Now I felt bad even more. We saw EJ and Gina fighting and saw Gina pouring punch over EJ's head and walking away. I ran after her to apologize.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Charlie's POV

I drinking punch when Carlos came up to the punch bar.

"What can I get for you?" Mr. Mazzara asked Carlos.

"Something wet?" He asked. I felt bad for Carlos. Seb still hasn't shown up yet.

"Something wrong?" Mr. Mazzara asked. Carlos looked at the couples dancing.

"You think I'm actually going to confide in you?" Carlos said.

"I contain multitudes, Carlos." Mr. Mazzara said.

"He didn't show up. My date." Carlos said sadly. I walked over the him and rubbed his shoulder in comfort. "It's my fault. I'm the fool who thought he'd actually dance in public with me." He scoffed.

"Well the nights not over, and look, we've all seen your moves. You don't need a dance partner to dance." Mr. Mazzara said walking away to help someone else out.

The song born to be brave came on and soon enough Carlos started dancing.

"Miss. Brown," I heard Mr. Mazzara say. I looked at him, "what I said to Carlos, about who you don't need a dance partner to dance. I'm gonna say that to you too. Don't let some boy ruin you night." He said. I smiled he's right. I came here to have fun so that's what I'm gonna do.

"Thank you, Mr. Mazzara." I said smiling.

The song started to play the second part and I started to sing and walk into the crowd dancing.

"I used to feel, like I was lost," I sang grabbing Carlos hands, "it's like my phones navigation was turned off." I sang going to the table that EJ, Big Red, and Ashlyn we're sitting at.

"But it's the road, I stumbled on," I sand grabbing one of EJ and Big Reds hands and pushed them to the dance floor while Carlos grabbed Ashlyn and brought her, "that led me right to the place where I belong." I sang.

"Keep flying," I sang.

"Higher" Carlos sang.

"Fight like a," I sang.

"Fighter." Carlos sang.

"Yeah I am everything that I was meant to be." I sang dancing with my friends. "A blazing,"

"Fire," Carlos sang, "that's getting brighter."

"Don't need nobody here that don't believe in me." I sang.

"Cause was born to be brave! I know who I am inside and I won't apologize!" We all sang together dancing.

"Made my mistakes, and they gave me wings to fly to my castle in the sky!" We sang.

"Let my hair down and let it," I sang.

"Go!" They sang.

"No more running I run this show from way up here yeah , the view is gold!" I sang.

"Born to brave. Now I'm standing miles high! Like castle in the sky." We sang.

"BOSSES AND QUEENS STAND UP ON YOUR THRONE! KNOW WHO ARE, THIS IS YOUR KINGDOM! LEGENDS AT HEART, INDIVIDUALS! GO MAKE YOU MARK BE ORIGINAL!" Everyone one at homecoming started to join in singing with us, and dancing.

As I danced next to Carlos dancing I felt very happy. I don't need Ricky here to have fun. Even if I wanted him to be here. I have my friends and that's all I need.