Chapter Six - Iris

Smiling was one of those things that didn't happen to often with me, but there was a smile plastered across my face.
Elouise roughed the crowd over to our table choosing to sit next to me.
"Hi," Elouise greeted barely looking at me. She plopped her tray down, and swung her legs over the bench.
"Hi," I mumbled in awe, staring at her like she was a science experiment. Apple huffed and glared at me.
"Hi! My name is Apple. I am friends of Liam and Iris here, I will be you official babysitter," indroced Apple, back to her normal sweet voice, reaching over to shake Elouise's hand. I sat dumbfounded. I couldn't keep staring at Elouise. Apple reached across the table, her cold hand breaking me from my thoughts. She looked me dead in my eyes, bringing a cold look, that had no words to explain how much she needed me to be normal right now. I gulped back my drool and pulled it together.
"So Elouise, any questions about this place? And don't worry you'll get the hang of things around here," I asked raising my voice. Elouise shook her head 'no' and stared down at the two tacos with cheese.
"Great! You will be sleeping with us, eating with us, working with us, so get to know us," chirped Liam cheerfully. I ripped my eyes from Elouise's chest, where the necklace laid. Apple was looking too. Elouise politely giggled, but then the talking stopped as she dug into the taco. Apple and I exchanged looks, with poor Liam watching from the side lines.
Once Elouise was finished eating and covered sour cream, the conversation started up again.
"Elouise, since you are finished eating, want to take a tour of where you will be staying?" I asked. Elouise opened her mouth to respond but Liam got there first.
"Actually, why don't you go throw away your trash while Iris, Apple and I talk," countered Liam coldly. Elouise's eyes widened and she grabbed her plate as fast as she could.
"What was that," Apple hissed at Liam.
"Woah, woah, crazies! 'What was that?' That was me, noticing you gawk over her like she was a taco. What is up with you too? And here's another thing, you don't like Apple - no offense-, but you are telling me you two had a sleepover, I am just not buying it."
"What is that supposed to mean?" I retorted.
"It means you two are liars," convicted Liam getting up from the table, walking away, leaving Apple and I staring at each other.
"Wow, he was right," admitted Apple.
"Those are dangerous words, miss," I warned. Apple nodded.
"Okay, let's just start fresh, huh? Sound good?"
"Sounds perfect."
"But this time, not be weird," added Apple cringing her face.
"I prefer the word quirky," I sneered. Apple's face relaxed, and she stepped out of the table. I followed her out of the table, and we walked together our breathing in sync as made our way to Elouise. My sister. Our sister has arrived.