Chapter 2. 

They say the happiest time of your life is when you are leaving high school. That period of time when your a senior and you have your whole life ahead of you.

This wasn't the case for Minho. The worry of not being able to function like a normal member of society scared him more than anything else. Another thing he was scared about was ruining Jisung's chance for happiness. He didn't want to be a burden to this boy who he had cared about and who had cared for him for so long.

He tried his best to conceal this because he didn't want to worry Jisung or the rest of his friends.

"Ayo Changbin!" Chan said running to catch the football, "you throw like a girl!"

Those two boys along with Felix and Woojin tossed the football back-and-forth on the grass while Seungmin, Jeongin, Hyunjin, Minho, and Jisung sat on the grass.

"They look so stupid," Seungmin said laughing a little. They all enjoy coming out to this type of place. It helped them clear their heads and just have a good time.

Minho laid on his back and felt the warm sun on his cheeks. He left his eyes open unlike most people would, but you cant have the sun hurt your eyes if you can't even see it.

"Did you guys hear about the metor shower coming in two days?!" Jeongin asked the group. "Im so hyped."

It was at this moment where he thought about when he laid under the sky with Jisung and they stargazed. This made Minho wonder.. what does Jisung look like now? He couldn't look the same as he did then. This brought him to wonder what he himself looked like. Was he ugly? He knew he had a good body because he was healthy but so many thoughts swirled in his head and over whelmed him.

He sat back up, criss-crossed his legs, and put his head down. Tears trickled out of his damaged eyes, his efforts to try and hide this were unsuccessful as Jisung and Hyunjin noticed right away.

"Minho, whats wrong?" Hyunjin asked concerned and putting a hand on his shoulder.

Jisung just grabbed his hand and drew shapes on it trying to calm him. What Jisung had discovered is that Minho's senses are heightened because of the loss of one. So when sensitive spots like the palms of his hands are shown loving gestures it affects him more and works better than words.

"Nothing Hyunjin, im okay." Minho started. "I just thought a little too much and overwhelmed myself."

Jisung sat on his heels and addressed the other friends, "Minho and I are gonna head home. I don't think he's feeling the best." They all nodded in response and Jisung helped guide Minho to the car.

Minho didn't yet know but Jisung was picking up on the fact that Minho had been acting weird recently. He had been lost in thought and spaced out, crying more often, and fake smiling more.

"Minho what was that really?" Jisung asked as he entered the car.

"I already said, I just overwhelmed myself. You know.. just a little anxiety." Minho replied, trying to be nonchalant.

"Mhm.." Jisung said doubtful. But he wasn't going to argue about it. There was no point. Pointless bickering wasn't something that they did. If there was a problem they would just talk it out. They were just like any other friendship, fights and good days, great times and rough patches, but they promised to stay together and take care of each other. And that goes beyond any argument or disability.

"Minnie.. if you could.. ya know.. get your eye sight back, would you?" Jisung asked hesitantly.

"No. Really, it's okay."

-

When they arrived at Jisung's house Minho said he was feeling tired to he made his way to lay down on Jisung's bed. He had been at the house so many times all his life that he barely ever needed help getting around when he was there.

He snuggled in the covers but couldn't get himself to drift off. So he kept stirring, trying to find the right position. Truth is, his thoughts were keeping him awake. He longed to be normal, now more than ever since his life was picking up and he was going to have to transition into the real world.

He heard the quiet pitter patter of footsteps. Jisung came into the room and Minho felt the bed sink on the side he wasn't on, meaning Jisung was snuggling in as well. This was honestly normal if either of them needed comfort or just felt lonely so Minho extended his arms out to Jisung and he wasted no time before cuddling into the older boy. Minho's heightened scenes make it so that he felt everything one hundred times more. A hundred times the comfort. A hundred times the love. A hundred times the Jisung.

"Sungie."

"Yeah Min?"

"I'm sorry."

"For what."

Minho squeezed Jisung a little more.

"I'm such a burden and I lied."

Jisung wrapped his legs around Minho's torso and began to cry.

"No! Never see yourself as a burden! You are my best friend and the person I care about most. You are my favorite big baby and I love taking care of you and you take care of me too! Please never think that about yourself. You're perfect! You are all I have... but what did you lie about?"

Tears stung the corners of Minho's glassy, fogged, eyes and guilt ran through his veins.

"I do want to see again... to see... to see you. How you've grown. I know you are the most beautiful human on earth, I just know it."

"It's okay Minnie. Try to get some rest." Jisung said, not quite knowing how to comfort Minho in these feelings.

Minho played with Jisungs soft locks until only soft snores could be heard from the small boy. He must really be worn out after pouring his little heart out. Minho chuckled as he thought this. Soon after he fell asleep too, his arms still wrapped around the small boy who he had such a deep care for, who he wished he had the ability to protect and give his everything to.

-

I hope you're all liking the story so far! Please give me feedback :3

A disclaimer that I am not yet good at english but i'm trying my best hehe.

Thank you for the support! I love you all and Merry Christmas! (Or a happy other holiday you might celebrate!)