Chapter Ten- A "Vacation" Pt 1

Start from the beginning

        "You worry too much," Yuki yawned from her position on my head, scratching her ear with her hind leg.

        "Was I thinking aloud again?" I thought to her, mentally slapping myself and stroking the small fox kit.

        "No," Yuki grinned wolfishly, her head coming into my line of vision. "You just can't keep any secrets from me." It was the one time I truly believed in her demonic nature.

        "You really are scary sometimes, little fox." Tapping Yuki's nose, I sat up, said fox shifting down to my neck and falling back asleep, sensing a new aura. It was an aura of darkness and light, of corrupted purity, sending my eyes into an almost panicked overdrive as I searched for its source. It wasn't the same presence as the shadow creature, but I wasn't taking any chances. A shadow, with a gruesome smile and the wings of a raven, appeared in the perpetual fog for a moment as I squinted, my eyes glowing so fiercely that they seemed to give off their own light. 

        "Finnian, be careful with the baby!" Mei-Rin's voice startled me back to reality, and caused me to blink. In that single blink, the odd shadow disappeared, its presence along with it. 

        "What was that?" I wondered, refocusing on Mei-rin and the other two, who were panicking over a baby in a stroller. From my angle, I could just barely see what was really in the stroller. As to what I saw... well, it caused me to bite my lip and my eyes to widen, ever so slightly, before resuming my demeanor. Vaulting down from the cart, I stopped Finny in the midst of his panicking, gesturing to the contents inside the carriage. Yuki began to whimper and her eyes bolted open, hiding behind my hair and away from the skull.

        "A skull?!?!" The Phantomhive servants exclaimed, while I just looked at the skull sadly.

        "But where's the baby?" Mei-Rin exclaimed as I walked away and got back in the cart, facing away from the skull and pulling my knees to my chest. My eyes were still glowing a furious blue as I heard the old woman walk away with the creaking stroller, chanting.

        "There is no baby. He was a bad dog. But you're a good dog aren't you?" The woman rambled, as though insane, and then, to top it off, began to sing in an off, almost possessed voice. "The white dog is a good dog, a good dog, good. The black dog is a bad dog, a bad dog, bad. He'll eat your flesh down to the bone, down to the bone. He'll gobble you up until you're gone, until you're gone."

     "Lullaby sunset. Lullaby goodnight." Yuki finished grimly, startling me slightly, and I stared after the woman in the fog. Did this place we were going to... somehow connect to Yuki's past? I didn't know, but I was damn well gonna find out. My face became hardset and determined, as I continued to stroke Yuki's soft fur. We continued to rumble on after a stunned minute. Not a few minutes later, we came across a tree with dog collars hanging from its skeletal branches, like gruesome decorations. One of them dripped with fresh blood.

       "Sh, Yuki, sh," I whispered soothingly, as the fox kit began to shake, but my eyes were narrowed at the tree as well.

        "Did I not mention that the resort is not yet built?" Ciel stated with a smirk as the other servants gaped at the eerie town before us. Darkness seemed to come off it in waves, and the howls of hounds echoed off the dank stone walls of the place.

        "I knew it," I stated, looking back up at the sky as a fat, clear drop of rain splattered onto my nose. Then, dully, "Bard, I'm predicting a eighty five percent chance of rain. You might want to hurry; that percentage is climbing fast." The Phantomhive servants, by now, knew not to doubt my percentages, especially when they climbed. Without another word, Bard sped up a bit, Sebastian following suit.