Christmas Special

It's been months since the conflict between the countries...

Today's quite the special day for them...

It's the 24th of December...

Though, someting's up with the countries...

Again...

"Philipppp!" Malaysia and Indonesia shouts in booming voices. "Where does this basket go again?" Malaysia asks. popping out of the kitchen, bringing a basket filled with fruits. "And we ran out of Christmas Lights!" Indonesia says from the other side of the room they were in. Philippines sighs a bit, "Just place it in the middle, Mal. And there's more lights and decor in the other room, Indo." He says as he continues on with his cooking. "Looks amazing, but could you add just a tiny bit of wasabi?" Japan peaks at Philippines' dishes as he tries to place in a teaspoon full of wasabi. "Sorry Japan, but not all countries would want spicy stuff on Christmas." Philippines says as Japan gets visibly disappointed.

"Mexico! Romania! Don't play arou-!" Spain was able to say before a shattering sound interrupts him. "Sorry about that, Philip! I'll get you a new one!" Spain says as he starts to clean up the mess of Romania and Mexico. Philippines shakes his head and tries to brush it off. "Hey Philip, mind if I take a few drinks?" Canada asks, popping up seemingly from nowhere and surprising Philippines. "Y-Yeah... i-in the fridge... just don't do that again." Philippines says, catching his breath. Canada smiles and says a swift 'thank you' as he takes a few beverages and heads over to the other room. He plops down on the couch beside his brother, America, and across both Ukraine and Germany, while Brunei amd Singapore sits on their right side. He passes them all their preferred drink as America continues to chat. "The other day was absolute hell, buying gifts right before Christmas was painful. Extremely painful." America states whilst popping open a can of Coke. "Well, you should've listened to Philip and get gifts earlier. And besides, it couldn't have been that horrible." Germany says in his distinctive accent while taking a shot of alcohol.

"Philip!" America calls from his seat. "Did we ever get the gifts wrapped already?" America asks, still lounging on the couch. "Yeah, we already did. Last night, remember?" Philippines sighs again before shouting back from the kitchen. America scratches the back of his head as Ukraine laughs, "So what's happening between you two? Are you guys... you know?" Brunei nervously asks America. The room falls quiet, awaiting America's response. "Well... you see... we'r-" America was able to say before they hear a vehicle stopping from outside. "Right! Where's Sunshine?!" Russia's booming voice along with his accent was heard shouting from outside before bursting through the front door. "Russia, calm down. And tone it down a bit, will you?" Israel's smaller figure appears behind Russia. "Glad you two could come." Ukraine says as he motions for them to take a seat. Russia sits down near Ukraine and Germany but Israel decides to head towards the kitchen and promptly decides to greet Philippines as America glares at him from the living room, watching Israel with caution and jealousy.

Israel then took out what seemed to be a box and tapped on Philippines' shoulder. Philippines turned to be met by Israel's gleeful smile. "Season's greetings, my Angel!" Israel shouts aloud, handing Philippines a gift box as Spain, Japan, Russia and America start to stare at Israel from different rooms. "Oh! Israel! You're here!" Philippines puts aside the gift and leaps into Israel's arms with enthusiasm. "I'm so glad you could make it." Philippines says as Israel lets him go. "Why don't you place this by the table near Ame?" Philippines says as he continues fixing up a few more platters filled with food. Israel nods but hesitates as he looks back to meet America's grumpy look. He gulps as he starts to head towards the other countries. America then stands up and confronts Israel. "Glad you could join us, pal." America says with his intimidating and firm body build, holding out his hand as Israel's sweat drips from his forehead. "G-Glad to be h-here." Israel stumbles with his words as he reaches his own hand out and attempts to shake America's hand. America then squeezes it tightly, making Israel wince in pain. Before America could torture Israel's hand any further, Philippines enters the living room in a whole new outfit.

"Right. I'll be heading out for a while. I really need a break." Philippines says as he heads out the door. "Help yourselves to some snacks or something. I'll be back soon." Philippines says before closing the door behind him. The other countries feel a pang of guilt as they watch the restless Philippines leave. Philippines, on the other hand, heads towards his safe haven. Nearby Philippines' home is a hill where his parents and siblings are buried. He heads there and plops down on the soft green grass below him as he starts to speak. "Hey mom, dad, Kuya Martial, Kuya Del Pilar. It's Christmas. Again." He looks off onto the sunset. "I remember all the amazing food you cook during Noche Buena, mom. And I remember you taking us for Simbang Gabi, dad. I remember us opening all the presents in the morning, Kuya Del and Kuya Martial." Philippines then starts to tear up. "It doesn't feel the same. I m-miss you. I-I'm sorry. I'm s-so sorry." Philippines cries into his hands and releases moans and groans of despair. "It's i-ironic, huh? Isn't it the most wonderful time of the year?" Philippines says before crying once more and releasing heavy tears.

Philippines cries louder and with even more sadness as he lets out all his bottled up emotions. For a while, he couldn't think of anything. His mind went blank. His tears start to block his vision as the cold air surrounds him.

But then he feels a soft blanket fall onto him, it's warmth winning over the chilled atmosphere. He looks up to see America smiling over him, his soft smile comforts him. Philippines wipes away his tears and attempts to stand but his knees and legs deemed too weak. But before Philippines could fall, America sweeps the former off his feet. "Hey now, you'll be alright. Trust me. You'll be just fine. Time will pass and heal your wounds. It always does." America says as Philippines buries his red face into America's chest. America's warmth radiates from his body, comforting Philippines a bit more. America laughs, "C'mon. Let's head back inside. It's getting dark." America says as he continues to carry Philippines until they get back home.

Once arriving, America gently opens the door to reveal a dark atmosphere with no one to be seen. "Where are the others? And why's it so dark?" Philippines ask while America sets him back down on the ground. "I thought we could have... y'know... a time when... it's just the two of us." America says as he lights up candles on the dining table and pulls a chair for Philippines to sit on. Philippines sits down as America sets himself across the table. "Honestly, this is quite nice. A fancy dinner in my own home." Philippines says with a slight hint of laughter. "Just the two of us?" America asks. "Just the two of us." Philippines respond. The two then spent their dinner talking and chatting, not caring about anything else in the world or anything else around them. They were laughing as America jokes around, digging in the delicious taste of Philippines' cooking and just having fun. After a while of laughing about how America struggles to twirl spaghetti with his fork, the two stops for a while and smile at each other. "Phil... I... I got something to say..." America says while stumbling around. "Hmm? What is it?" Philippines asks with curiosity. But before America could continue, a large explosion was heard outside.

Alarmed, Philippines heads out to investigate as America pockets what ever he was holding and follows. They were met their friends launching fireworks. "Just like that one time, right Philip?" America asks Philippines as he plops down on the ground in front of their home. Philippines eyes wonder in marvel at the sight of the colorful and bright fireworks exploding in the sky. "Yeah. But that one time wasn't as beautiful as this." Philippines says as he sits down beside America. It then started to snow while the other countries were having fun in the open field. America looks at Philippines with loving eyes as the latter watches the firework show. "But someone else is more beautiful." America quietly mumbles but was heard by Philippines. "Hmm? What was that? Sorry, it's just... wow." Philippines says, looking back to America and back at explosions. America laughs while Philippines continues. "Oh right, weren't you gonna tell me something?" Philippines snaps back to America. "Hmm? Oh. Yeah." America looks down. "Let's just enjoy this for now. That can wait...." America says as they set their eyes on the show once more....

"I can wait..." America quietly murmurs to himself...

He takes out a small box out of his pocket...

He opens it, revealing a small ring inside glittered with diamonds...

He closes the box and puts in back into his pocket...

He puts his arm around Philippines and pulls him closer...

"Merry Christmas, my Sunshine."