Chapter 13

"..... don't cry... I'm here now...."

Philippines whispers sweet nothings into America's ear...

His arms around the taller country....

Both overflowing with tears....

With only the floor beneath them and the world to themselves...

"Ph-Philip... p-please... I'm a-a monster..." America says with a shaky voice. America wants to pull away, he knew he didn't deserve the warmth that Philippines gave. America knew that Philippines would be better off without him. But he just couldn't bring himself to stay away from Philippines any longer. He knows that as long as he's near Philippines, pain and torture will be there too. But he wanted to stay like this for just a bit longer. Just a bit more. America then wrapped his arms around Philippines waist as Philippines kept his arms around America's neck, both still on the floor and unaware of the countries watching them with their own tears.

"I'm... sorry.... I'm sorry for everything... I know that this was all my fault but..... I just couldn't stand it anymore.... I couldn't stand... being without you....." America says, looking down at the ground and clutching at his chest.

"If only... if only it could go back to the way it was before..... I'd do anything to hold you again...." America cringes at the memories and thoughts of them replaying in his head.

It hurt him. The pain was too much for him. He was at the brink of shedding even more tears. There were so many things going on in his head. But it pained Philippines too. It pained him to see that this is what they've become.

America then begins to cry again. "I-I can't forgive m-myself too..... it was t-too hard for m-me.... I couldn't even s-sleep!" America shouts at the seemingly open air behind Philippines.

"I hurt you! And everyone else in this room! And you accept me with open arms?! I know for a fact that I don't deserve you! But I just can't seem to bear the pain!" America continues, tightening his hug on Philippines. Philippines tightens his grip as well in assurance. "Why?! Why can't you understand that I'm a monster?! Why can't you see that I'M the one who hurt you?! Why?! I just can't understand it!" America exclaims, tears trickling down his cheeks.

"I'm a demon! A maniac! A psychopath! A mons-" America says before being cut off by Philippines.

"Stop... just stop...." Philippines says in a soft voice. "Stop saying those things.... it was hard for me... but I never knew how this affected you too..... so... I guess I'm sorry too...?" Philippines says but ended up sounding like a question. His voice was calm, it soothed America's ears.

"Heh... I guess we're both at fault....." Philippines continues as he gives a sad smile. "Kuya Martial and Kuya Del's death was my fault..... I was too stupid to declare that fight in the first place..... I ended up making everything worse...." Philippines says as more tears flow from his tired eyes. Philippines wince at the reminiscing of his brothers' death.

"Maybe... just maybe.... if I wasn't so stupid.... everything would still be okay..... I would still have my family..... we would still have each other..." Philippines says as he gives another smile, still crying his heart out.

"I-If I wasn't s-so dumb.... th-then maybe everything wouldn't be l-like this... maybe I'd s-still have m-my brothers..... if I-I wasn't so-" Philippines cries out but was stopped by America. "Don't continue that sentence..... you aren't stupid... you aren't dumb.... you're more than that... you're my Sunshine right? Well I guess I can't call you that anymore..... Heaven knows you won't forgive me.... not after what I've done....." America says, cupping Philippines cheek.

"I can't forget what you've done..... I'm still hurt after what happened..... but soon... I might learn to forgive you.... maybe time can heal these wounds once again..... and maybe... just maybe... you'll be willing to wait for me...?" It seemed like the world stopped when Philippines said those words. America felt a heart-warming feeling as he was surprised by Philippines words. He was quick to respond.

"Absolutely... I'd give anything to stay in your arms..... even if it means waiting a lifetime.... I'd do it.... just for you..." America says burying his face into the crook of Philippines' neck as he pulls him closer. Philippines gave a slight smile as he returned the hug. Forgiving isn't always easy. Not after what they both went through. But maybe time can do it's magic and heal their wounds once more.

"H-Hey.... Philip? C-Could... you look at m-me for a s-sec?" America says as he gives a light chuckle. Philippines does as he says and looks up to America with glistening eyes from the constant tears. America holds in more tears that threaten to come out as he looks at Philippines' trembling form.

"H-Hey... you can s-stop cr-crying now..." America says with his cracked voice as he wipes away his own tears. He then gives another small laugh. "C'mon... le-let's get up..... the others are watching...." America says as he and Philippines get up from the ground, still in each others' arms.

They both looked into each other's eyes, dazed in awe as both shined like diamonds.....

America has his right hand cupped on Philippines cheek and the other hand on the smaller country's waist......

Philippines has both arms around America's neck, stuck in the same trance.....

Finally closing their eyes, the two countries lean closer into one another and.....

BANG!