8. The Launch

In her slumber, Elsa could hear distant voices in her dreams, chattering about many things that she couldn't understand.

Who were these voices?

Was she on The Moon already?

"T-minus nine minutes and counting. Starting preflight check ... booster."

"Booster is 'go.'"

"Guidance."

"Guidance is 'go.'"

"FIDO and network?"

"FIDO is 'go.'"

"Network?"

"Network still in confirmation."

"Okay. Telemetry."

"Telemetry is 'go.'"

"Control."

"Control, definitely a go, sir."

"Network, we need confirmation. Are you go?"

"Confirmed. Network is 'go.'"

"All systems go. Final engine tests in progress."

And with that said, the voices ceased their jabber, and Elsa's dreams could continue without any further interruptions. That made her very happy; she loved dreaming. In dreams, she could achieve the impossible. She could be whoever she wanted or do whatever she wanted, and no one could tell her against it. She was the owner of everything, and she could control everything.

For years, Elsa had experienced this strange phenomenon; she even came to think she might be sick, that maybe her mind had caught a cold or something awful like that. During her slumber, she would go through all sorts of adventures—some of them were nice, but others were really, really scary and awoke her with a racing heart.

In the end, Tee-bee, as usual, had solved the puzzle for her, and she could finally put her mind at ease.

That phenomenon was called "dreaming."

But, while she enjoyed dreaming, she didn't like it when dreams became dark and scary—those were called "nightmares

But, while she enjoyed dreaming, she didn't like it when dreams became dark and scary—those were called "nightmares."

Nightmares were the complete opposite of dreams. In them, Elsa didn't have control of anything, and every time, she found herself spiraling down through an unavoidable trail of terrifying situations—like her misadventure at The Moon Club. And no matter how much she wanted to wake up, she wouldn't until the nightmares let her.

Maybe dreams could also catch diseases and become nightmares.

For Elsa, the mind was a complete mystery.

In this dream, Elsa was in a vast grassy field, eating as much as she desired and going wherever she pleased. But then the voices returned, echoing and thundering from the blue sky as she continued wandering about in the field.