[Act 1] Chapter 11: Relieved from Within

Start from the beginning

"What happened to 'keep collateral damage to a minimum'?"

Salomon chuckled. "I don't intend to use it like crazy down there, so just focus on not shooting the buildings."

"So how are we going to tell who to shoot down there? They are all armed with swords."

"The elven girls gave us a clear distinction between the Imperials, the ones we are to shoot, look more like bandits then an actual Imperial Army, since the one who leads them literally bought them, while the Legitimists are, as you can already guess, the ones who look like an actual disciplined army. Check your targets and watch your crossfires. Good luck, all of you."

With that, Salomon was the first to jump out at the sound of the last buzz, followed by hundreds of paratroopers jumping from the other planes.

...

As Guinevere and her entourage started looking at the sky, the more they became flabbergasted at the sight they beheld. If Guinevere didn't know better, it would seem men are dropping from the metal dragon in the sky and are descending slowly towards the city in the hundreds. If she was ever in doubt that men are coming from the heavens, she would notice through her telescope the many flashes of light coming from each descending soldier, as if they were conjuring magic as they were coming closer to the city.

"Are those . . . men . . . my Empress?" Vera asked, stepping in front of her Empress to get a better look. "Did the gods send them?"

Guinevere simply gave her the telescope so she could see herself, followed by every entourage. Their eyes didn't deceive them was it was clear men in grey uniforms were flying towards the city. A miracle from the gods if they ever saw it. It would seem the gods have been listening to their prayers and have sent the Grey Ones to come and save them in their time of need. No matter what anyone thought, Guinevere stood out as the one they should be thanking for sending a message to them.

"I guess this is the support we are getting from the Grey Ones, so let us make it count," Guinevere said, taking back her telescope.

Do you see how far you've fallen in just one time, Mordred? About time you get a taste of your own medicine. Somewhere on the outside, where that giant metallic monster was looming over, Mordred was watching too, Guinevere knew. But Guinevere also knew that Mordred isn't dead, the bastard has probably retreated with his dragon or at least is riding on the back of one of his loyalist's horses. Mordred was many things, but a strategist he was not. From what Guinevere can tell with the death cries, the Imperial Army were the ones trapped within the walls, not the Legitimists.

"Vera!" Guinevere called.

Vera stepped forward, bowing. "Yes, your majesty?"

"I want you to go down there, rally all the Silver Hand knights you can find and make a stand at the Whitewood gates."

Vera looked uneasy, visibly shocked at the command. "Y-You want me to go down there? Where the Grey Ones are going to be?"

"I have a feeling the Grey Ones wouldn't have a clue who to kill when they reach our city, so we need to get out of their line of fire. So, I need you down there to tell them to stop when they reach you."

Despite Vera's clear opinion on the matter, she simply bowed and walked back into the palace to do her bidding, clearly uninterested in protesting the stupid decision. Guinevere ignored the mumbling under Vera's breath.

Looking back at the descending angels, Guinevere managed to observe her saviours through the lenses of her telescope. Their appearances and their mannerisms were clear that they were human, although a different kind of human. It would seem that each of the Grey One's was a wizard of some kind, but the staffs in their hands were much different, nothing like the ones she witnessed at the Holy State since they conjured magic at a rapid pace without pause. Whoever these people were, they were more powerful than anything the entire Continent had ever seen besides the dragons.