Twenty Four

Keir

Collin was pregnant. Pregnant! I cannot believe it. Long after Collin fell asleep, I had stayed up, stroking his flat tummy.

After we finished our lovemaking, I marked Collin. When I saw the absolute pleasure in his eyes it tipped me over the edge as well.

I dressed Collin in some of my nightclothes after washing each other off and tucked him under the covers. He was quick to fall asleep, tired from our long night.

Collin was such a sweet boy. I cannot believe that he exists. He had done so much for me in the time he has known me. I got extremely lucky that the Moon Goddess chose Collin to be my mate.

A soft knock on the door makes me snap out of my daze. I make sure that I do not wake Collin as I slip out of bed. I smell the scent of Tabari and Akio. I open the door to find Tabari holding a sleeping Akio in his arms.

     "Daddy, can me and Akio come sleep in the bed with you and momma?" Tabari asks.

     I look back to the bed, the sheets still soiled and rumpled from our lovemaking, and step outside of the room.

"How about we go upstairs to mommas bedchamber? The bed is bigger. We can all fit in the bed."

The boys wait outside while I pick up the still sleeping Collin so I can bring him to his bedchamber with us. Collin curls up in my arms, yawning as he gets comfortable.

Collin feels so light in my arms. So fragile. Even more so now that he carries my pup. Tabari leans over and sniffs Collin's stomach. His nose crinkles in concentration.

"Momma smells different." He says.

"Momma is going to have a pup. He is pregnant. You and Akio are going to be big brothers very soon."

Tabari's eyes widen. He steps away from me and crinkles his nose again. This time with a look of fear present in his eyes.

"I know how pups are made, daddy... why would you do that to momma?" Tabari asks, tears forming in his eyes.

I close my eyes, tilting my head back and taking a deep breath. I forgot what happened to Tabari while he was at the orphanage.

"Tabari... momma and I made this pup out of love. I would never hurt momma. Your momma wanted this pup and neither of us got hurt. I promise you. Making a pup is a special process between mates. Tabari, what happened to you was terrible. That man had no right to do that to you. What he did was not out of love. He hurt you. And when you find your mate you make sure that they never treat you like that. You make sure they treat you amazing or else you come to me or momma and we will deal with it together. Promise me that if anything bad happens to you, that you will tell me or momma."

"I promise," Tabari whispers, tears now freely flowing down his cheeks.

     "Come on let us go now."

I lead Tabari back to Collin's bedchamber. I shift Collin in my arms so I am able to open his door so Tabari won't have to wake Akio.

     But as we make it up the stairs to the royal bedchambers I spot Beta Augustus standing by the door.

     "It seems like I will never get rest tonight," he says. "Does the name Angelica Truman mean anything to you?"