Twenty Two

Ansel

After I marked Greyson, I almost felt complete. Almost. All that needed to happen for our mating to fully be completed was Rumi and Greyson to mark each other.

I sit outside mid-afternoon on my balcony with Rumi and Greyson while they crowd around at the small table playing a tense game of chess. Rumi appears to be winning, an ever-present smirk on his face as he watches Greyson struggle to play.

Greyson was a terrible chess player. Losing every game we played. We all took turns playing the winner of each round. I thought I was the best at playing chess. But I had finally met my match. Rumi was extremely good. Fare more skilled than I was.

      Greyson lets out a groan of defeat as Rumi calls out checkmate.

      "I give up," Greyson throws his hands up and stands from his chair. "It is your turn, my love."

"No, I think I am going to pass on this round. It is much more entertaining watching the two of you play." I say, giggling as Greyson picks me up.

     "Oh really?"

      Greyson's hands dig into my sides. I laugh and squirm, trying to get away from him.

     "Rumi help me!" I squeal as the tickling gets overbearing. "Greyson, I'm gonna pee! I will pee on you if you do not put me down this instant!"

      As soon as Greyson lets me go, I leap into Rumi's arms. Rumi lets out a loud chuckle, pressing kisses to my mark and nuzzling it.

      Greyson wraps his arms around my waist, rubbing my belly and kissing the mark that he made on my neck.

   The attack on both of my marks makes me let out a breathless whine, arching my back into their touch.

      A faint knock on my door makes me snap out of my lusty trance. I get up off of Rumi's lap and run inside from the balcony to the door to my bedchamber.

      I open the door to find Father staring down at me. "I need to speak to Rumi."

      "Alpha," Rumi says. I look back to see Rumi behind me, head tilted in a respectful bow.

   "You asked me if I could send out warriors. To find out information about if your father was alive on not. My warriors just came back and we found out that your father is alive."

Rumi's eyes widen and he crumples to the ground.

"Rumi!" Greyson kneels down next to Rumi, collecting him into his arms. I also kneel down to comfort Rumi. He stares blankly at the wall, unmoving. Father still stands at the door, seemingly unfazed that his son in law has just fallen to the floor at the news that his father that was presumed dead for the longest time is actually alive.

     "We were able to track his exact location down. He had been living on his own to the west of my kingdom. After his kingdom was destroyed he made the hut and moved in. He lived out his days in that small mud hut."

"I knew your father Edmund when we were younger," Father begins. "I met him at his coronation when he was officially crowned king. He was short. Fat. Long blonde hair a lot like yours. Now he is completely bald. Muscled. Completely different. He looks like a true warrior. He is waiting for you in the royal library. You should not keep him waiting."