015, ladies and royals

FROZEN HEART ━━ 015

( LADIES AND ROYALS )

          THROUGHOUT ALL THE MONTHS THAT PASSED, everything was normal for the people of Auradon. Ben and Mal were doing their royal duties while Evie helped Mal and Carlos and Jay joined the fencing team. Ellie on the other hand continued reading her mother's journal and discovering more of what she could do with her magic. Marisa joined the girls archery team and Kaia took up sailing. Evie even started her own business designing clothes and accessories for people. Everybody was busy with their own activities while everything stayed calm with no danger.

          "Stop playing with the melted ice cream," Carlos said and Ellie rolled her eyes.

          Both of them were in Carlos' room while he worked on an essay and Ellie was eating a bowl of mint chip ice cream before some of it melted. She held her spoon in one hand and the bowl in the other as she watched the melted ice cream freeze over again.

          "What were you saying about 'melted' ice cream?" she asked as she took a scoop of the light green frozen treat and put it in her mouth.

          Carlos laughed as he went back to typing his essay and another thought came to his mind.

          "You know how Ben and Mal have those royal tours going on around every kingdom?" he asked and the blonde nodded. "Arendelle was one of their destinations."

          "So, they saw my family," she said. It has been a while since she last made contact with her mother and she missed her. She missed her home, her family and everything she had back in Arendelle. "Are they all doing okay? It's been a few days since I called and I miss them."

          "They're all okay. It's a busy time for all the kingdoms but I'm sure they'll still make time for you if you call," Carlos said as he paused his essay and joined Ellie on the bed. "I'm sure they miss you too."

          Ellie smiled sadly as she rested her head on Carlos' shoulder and closed her eyes. Throughout the few months where it's only been learning more about herself and hanging out with Carlos, she thought about going home even though it would just be for a visit. The last time she called her family, they had other things going on in their kingdom so their conversation had to be cut short.

          "Do you ever think about reaching out to your mother even though you know she might not be happy to see you?" she asked as she opened her eyes and looked at the white haired boy beside her.

          "If she doesn't wanna see me or even talk to me, then I don't really see the point in trying," Carlos said as he laid back on the mattress.

          "That's not what I'm asking you. You don't even think to just take a chance and call? Not even just to say hi?" the blonde questioned as she laid next to him.

          "I do think about it. But I also know that since we didn't get the wand and set them free, they wouldn't want anything to do with us. After all, that was the only reason they let us come to Auradon to begin with," Carlos said while staring at the ceiling.

          Ellie could only imagine their parents' reaction to the results of the coronation and instead of being free to leave the Isle, they were still doomed to live there. With her mother, her only focus was getting her powers under control but Carlos and the others were expected to bring down the barrier to let all the villains get their revenge on everyone in Auradon. She couldn't imagine what it was like for the VK's to live with people as cruel as their parents for their whole lives and only to be taught anger and resentment.

          "Come here," Ellie said and Carlos moved closer until his head was resting on her shoulder.

          She wrapped her arms around his shoulders and his were wrapped around her stomach. The both of them were as close as they could be and neither of them wanted to move from this position. Ellie started to let her mind be clear of all and any thoughts as the two of them stayed in a comfortable silence. Both of them were content with their surroundings as they slowly drifted off to sleep. There were no noises to disturb them and they were engulfed in each other's warmth. Everything was perfect and there was nothing that could disturb their little world of peace.

author's note
i know this is short
and i'm really sorry