CHAPTER # 9

~~~~ " Author's POV " ~~~~

The journey back to the Pokémon center was tracked with an awkward silence between both Pokémon owner's. Neither one knowing how to start a conversation after their shared moment in the park. Their Pokémon oblivious to the awkwardness in the air. Were talking happily to the new Comer of the group. Even though the journey back was a few minutes long it felt like an eternity for the young trainer's.

~~~~ " May's POV " ~~~~

After the opening ceremony of the Grand Festival was over we all went back to the Pokémon center. Me and Dawn went to my room to catch up with each other. Drew and Kenny had gone to train along with Max. Ash and Serena had gone out to catch up to each other as well. The sun had already set. I was a little worried for them as they had yet to return. I was waiting for them to return when suddenly.

DING DONG

The door of the Pokémon center opened and they both walked inside. I quickly got up went to them and said " What took you guy's so long? You had us all worried sick. "

Ash rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly and said " Sorry May we didn't mean to worry we were just hanging out and catching up when this little guy decided to hatch. " Ash said pointing towards a Pichu who I had noticed for the first time since they had arrived riding on Serena's shoulder. It looked shyly at me. I held out a finger for it to shake but it hid behind Serena's hair.

" Pichi is a bit nervous around other people but we will try to get past that. " Said Serena while lightly scratching behind Pichi's ear.

" Pichi. " I asked. " Yeah that the nickname I gave to Pichu. I think it suits her. " Said Serena while continuing to scratch behind Pichi's ear.

After that we made our way to sit down with the other's. We talked about different thing's until it was late and decided to rest for our big day tomorrow.

~~~~ " The Next Day " ~~~~

~~~~ " Author's POV " ~~~~

The next morning everyone was buzzing with excitement. Different stalls were set up outside the Grand Hall selling berries, food, souvenir's and a person even trying to sell his rare golden Magicarp. The stalls were colored beautifully green, red, blue, yellow and many other vibrant colors ready to attract customers. Kid's were running to different stalls with their Pokémon and parent's behind them. Some people were quickly making their way towards the Grand Hall in order to get the best seats while others were taking their time and looking around at the various objects that peeked their interest.

Inside the Grand Hall people were excitedly talking about their favorite performer or who they thought could win the Grand Festival. The crew members were hurrying around putting the final touches to the stage getting it ready for the performers to perform. Performer's behind the stage were trying to calm down their nerves and get themselves and their Pokémon ready before their turn on the stage. Sitting in the stands was our favorite hero and his friends excited to see everyone's performance. Suddenly the lights all but one went out. Silencing everyone in the stadium. The floor below the light gave way and from underneath it rose Vivian.

" Hello everyone and welcome to this year's Grand Festival. " She said into the microphone with a cheerful smile. " Without further ado lets welcome our judge's. Firstly its the organizer of Pokémon contests Mr. Contesta. "

One of the lights on the stage turned on shining over a man in his late thirties. He smiled and waved towards the crowd before saying " I see a lot of young talent this year. I can't wait to see who wins and takes home the prize. But remember it is not about winning or losing. It is about gaining experience and growing up together with your Pokémon. I wish you all the very best. "

" Thank you for your kinds words Mr. Contesta. Next up is the President of the Pokemon Enthusiast's club Mr. Sukizo. " Vivian said as a light above a man in his late twenties went on he smiled and nodded towards the crowds.

" Next up is our local Nurse Joy Nurse Joy. " A light shone above a young women with pink hair who bowed to the crowd and said.

" Remember to give it your all everyone. I am looking forward to see who this year's winner will be. "

" Thank you very much for your time Nurse Joy and for your kind word's. And before the competitions begins their are some new rules that have been set up the judges. Mega evolution which was not allowed in the other contests is allowed in the Grand Festival but only in the second round. Now let's start this competition. First off are the performances form group A leading the group is a performer well known the Sinnoh region he has won many performances before and is now aiming to win the Heonn Grand Festival. Give a large amount of applause for Kenny. "