Chapter#8

~~~~ " Ash's POV " ~~~~

It was the perfect time everyone had left to do something leaving me and Serena alone to talk to each other. Turned to her and asked " Hey Serena would mind if I asked you something? "

She looked at me and with a smile that sweet sweet smile of hers and said " Of course not Ash ask away. " I gulped down a lump in throat because ' she looked so cute not that she was not always cute but she looked exceptionally cute today' I thought before saying " I was wondering if we could hang out and catch up on everything we had missed while I was on Ponny island and you were away in Kalos so what do you say will hang out with me? " I suddenly became nervous for her answer and began scratching my finder under my nose like I always do when I am nervous.

" Of course Ash I would love to hang out with you just give me a little time to get ready. " She said before turning around and heading towards her room once she was gone I released a nervous breath that I didn't know I was holding. I never knew what kind of wonder's love did to a person but now I know.

After I had refreshed myself I went back near the waiting area to wait for Serena I don't have to wait long since after a few moments I saw her coming down from the stairs she looked as beautiful as ever if not more and I could feel the blush rise in my cheeks. Once she had came down the steps. We started making our way towards our destination. The both of us had left our Pokémon back at the Pokémon center I had brought Pikachu with me while Serena had brought the Pokémon egg she had gotten from the Pokémon Daycare center and Sylveon along with her who currently playing with Pikachu ahead of us. It felt great to be back in Slateport last time I was here I didn't get to explore the city much.

We were making our way around the city quietly it was a peaceful quite. When I saw our destination I quickly called both Pikachu and Slyveon and lead Serena inside a cafe that I had seen when I had arrived for Serena's surprise party as we made our way inside a waiter came and asked us for our order I ordered a black coffee while Serena ordered a latte I also ordered some Pokémon food for Sylveon and Pikachu both of us chatted for a while about my adventures on Poni island and her time in Kalos with Clemont, Bonnie. It had started to get late I paid for both of us with some protests from Serena we decided to go to a park in the city we both sat on a bench together. Our Pokémon had left to play around and the Pokémon egg sat in between us. We talked for a while as the sun started to set.

The sky had split into two beautiful colors the upper part of the sky was a beautiful Dark Blue color while the lower part was Bright Orange with a little bit of Light Blue color in between. The sight ahead of us was very beautiful. I had seen many different sunsets in Alola and from all four islands as well but none of them compared to this one. I looked to my left and saw Serena. Serena the girl that made me feel different. The girl who picked me up whenever I was down. The girl who had helped me and gave me hope when I almost gave up and started doubting myself after my loss against Wolfric. The girl who had taught me what love is. Who made me feel like I had Butterfrees in my stomach whenever she was around me. The girl who I have come to adore. I always had some sort of affection towards her but always dismissed those feelings because I didn't know what those feelings were. But now that I know what those feeling are and I can happily say that I am in love with Serena Yvonne.

I couldn't look away from her even if wanted to. The few remaining rays of light were reflecting from her hair giving it a golden look. Her Cerulean Blue eyes sparkled with awe from the beautiful sunset. I could just dive into those beautiful eyes and never come out again. She turned towards me probably to say something or to hear my answer I couldn't tell as was lost in her beautiful eyes. She caught me staring towards her and a blush started to creep on her cheeks which I could barely see because the sun had now set and the only light source there being the lamppost which was a few feet away from us.

As I continued staring at her I could feel my body being pull towards her almost as if it was magnetized and I could see her doing the same. We inched closer and closer until our noses touched. Her eyes had now closed and mine were fluttering shut. I could feel my heart pound in chest and her slow and steady breaths on my lips. Our lips brushed against one another....

~~~~ " Serena's POV " ~~~~

I had a great day today with Ash. After dinner we had decided to go to the park. We sat there while our Pokemon's played with each and the Pokemon egg sat in between us. We talked for a while as the sun started to set. Many people and Pokemon a like were now making their way towards their homes.

I looked towards the sky it looked very beautiful it gave me inspiration for some of my performances. The upper part of the sky was of Dark Blue color while the lower part was Bright Orange with a thin line Light Blue in between it looked absolutely beautiful. I wanted to thank Ash for this beautiful day so I turned towards him to say exactly so when I saw him staring towards me. I could feel a blush creep up from my neck. I looked directly into his Hazel brown eyes as I got lost in them. I saw him moving towards me and I came forward as well. I closed my eyes as our noses touched and our lips brushed. I could feel my heart race and his breath on my lips when suddenly a bright blue light shinned in between us and we both separated blushing madly due to the situation.

~~~~ " Ash's POV " ~~~~

Though I was a little bit disappointed because I wasn't able to kiss Serena but I was glad she couldn't see my blush in the dark. I looked around in order to find the source of light and to avoid making eye contact. By now my blush had died down. As I looked around my eyes fell on the space in between us I saw that the Pokemon egg was glowing and but my focus was on our intertwined hands not far from the egg that somehow during our little moment had found one another which made my face heat up once again. I looked towards Serena and saw her looking excitedly towards the egg she probably hadn't noticed our intertwined hands. The egg started to glow again this time even brighter than the last. The light grew even brighter until it died down and in it's place was a Pichu. It yawned walking up for the very first time. It was shocked when it saw the both of us and looked shyly between the both of us not knowing which one was it's parent. But became relaxed after seeing our joined hands. Serena following it's gaze saw our intertwined hands as well and quickly removed her hands from mine blushing hard which was barely noticeable in the dark. I immediately missed the warmth of Serena's hand in mine.

Pichu then suddenly jumped onto Serena's arms hugging her and nuzzling her cheeks making her giggle. Then it did the same to me making me chuckle. Before settling on the bench between us. " Pichu probably thinks we are his parents just like Noibat first thought" I said without realizing it ' Why did I just say that out loud' . I was once again thankful for the low lighting so that Serena couldn't see my blush. Our sudden burst of joy from earlier had awaken both Pikachu and Sylveon who had both fallen asleep near the bench after their tiring day. Pikachu had came to rest on my lap while Sylveon sat on Serena's. Both looking curiously at the new comer. Sylveon extended it's fleer towards Pichu who looked shyly towards it before looking towards us for permission to which we nodded. It quickly shook Sylveon's fleer and then went to Pikachu to nuzzle it's cheek. Then the three started talking happily and introduced one another.As it was already late I turned to Serena and said " It's late we should probably head back now the other's might be worried. " Serena simply nodded and we started heading back to the Pokemon center with Pikachu on my shoulder, Pichu on Serena's and Sylveon's fleer wrapped around one of her hand. As we made our way back I couldn't help but think about our little moment that almost happened and what it meant for the both of us.