Chapter 8: The Movies

Start from the beginning

    God, he can be so annoying.

    "We're friends, Christopher." I started walking away.

   "Your just going to get played, baby sis." He chuckled.

    I rolled my eyes, shaking my head at him.

I really could not believe him right now. He was acting like an asshole older brother. And my dad told him to keep an eye on me. But this is over the top. And I just couldn't believe that Christopher was being this way. I just rolled my eyes at him and I didn't even pay attention to him. I couldn't even believe he was being such an asshole about the whole situation. Which is why I walked away, leaving back into my room. And that's when I grabbed my purse and phone, shoving my phone into my purse. And then I heard the doorbell ring. And all I wanted to do was jump up in glee but I remained calm even though I was anxious.

I grabbed a long wool sweater that could wrap around me and it hung on my shoulders and down to my knees to help me stay warm in case the sixties degree weather goes crazy. Besides the theater's get cold in there. And I just put on this smile when I got out of my room.

"Your guilty." Christopher interrupted me as I entered the hall.

I rolled my eyes and I heard Colleen call for me. And I heard Colleen and Patrick dropping into a conversation that was like they've known each other for a very long time.

"So how's your mom?" I heard Colleen ask him, and once I heard Patrick's voice, I felt those butterflies.

"She's in San Jose. But she's doing good." He replied.

       I frowned while overhearing that. Are his parents divorced like mine? Only Christopher would know. And as I was coming down the stairs, there was Patrick standing there all nice and tall. He just looked yummy to me. A breath that could suck him in. Am I seriously wasting time in my thoughts of wanting a guy I could never have...except for Patrick who I can have.

     Patrick stood there in a beautiful smile. He was wearing a dark leather jacket, high top Supras the same kind Christopher wears, and he also was wearing dark jeans. And he looked amazing while his brown hair was styled perfectly in a fine style. A little different than how I saw him at the wedding.

   "You look nice, Em." Patrick said as soon as I walked down the stairs feeling like I'm in a modern day Cinderella story. And when Patrick said Em, Christopher came down rushing in front of me and I know he didn't care at all.

    I growled, rolling my eyes.

    "I hope you two be safe. And Patrick please drive safely." Colleen said, standing in a nice blue top and nice pair of jeans.

   "Mrs. James, I'm-"

   "Patrick, you can call me Colleen. I've known you since you were very small. But damn, time flies fast." She smiled, which must have been hard.

    Christopher rolled his eyes.

    "Sure it is...let time go faster so the night can be over." Christopher said in code, staring directly at Patrick as if he was pissed. "And I gotta say how d-"

   "-divine of you, Patrick is what Chris means to say. And we will be back by nine thirty, no less or more. So you won't need to worry, Colleen." I smiled, addressing to them.

   "Okay. You kids drive safe." Colleen smiled and then left heading into the kitchen where I heard her putting dishes in the dishwasher.

     Once she left the room, I went to Patrick's side and just before anything...Christopher grabbed Patrick's arm with force, which made me worry what he was going to do.