Chapter 11

Hadley and other elite members soon began the 4th year of school. Hadley knew it'd be different. She'd hear from her parents less than she ever had previous, seeing as they were going to be busy with pretty much back to back weapons deals, invention sales, and company meetings for the next several months.

On the students' very first night back at school; their headmaster made a school announcement. Apparently the ministry -and the participating schools- thought it would be a good idea to bring back an ancient -dangerous- event called the triwizard tournament. It clearly didn't matter to them that a student died last time.

Apparently the ministry was even going to try to make it open to 4 schools, but ilvermorny actually had the proper common sense to decline their offer. A couple of weeks after the announcement was first made; the students of durmstrang and beauxbatons arrived at hogwarts, and started getting themselves settled in.

During meal times; durmstrang sat at the slytherin and gryffindor tables, while beauxbatons sat at the hufflepuff and ravenclaw tables. During the first meal the new schools spent with hogwarts; the houses told foreign students about the hierarchy in the raven house and the rest of the school.

"First thing you need to know; the elite. In school hierarchy; aside from proffesors, the elite are ranked highest. They are the royalty of the school. They hate the popularity but we refuse to demote them given the identity of certain members. They've very begrudgingly accepted it. The group is made up of 7 members."

"Now 5 of them are eagles, 1 is a badger, and 1 is a lion. There's the leader; hadley potter, the second in command; hermione granger, the healer; draco ma-... right, lupin-black, then the seer; luna lovegood, then there's lyra, jace, and parker williams; they're the protector, the defender, and the info seeker."

"They are triplets, and the boys are the lion and badger. As said before, the group hates all the attention but have begrudgingly come to accept their role in the heirarchy, now they wear crowns at the beginning of the year so the new students can see who they are." The foreign students were intrigued by this information.

Then said group walked in the great hall. As said; the girls wore silver and light blue tiaras and the boys wore silver and dark blue crowns. Jace and Parker nodded to the rest and then went to sit at their respective house tables. Hadley, draco, hermione, luna, and lyra then sat at their designated spots at their table.

Over the span of 3 weeks, various students (of age and not) put [or tried to put] their names into the goblet of fire for a chance at being a champion. Then came the night the finalists would be chosen by the artifact. The goblet's finalists were; viktor Krum of durmstrang, fleur delacour of beauxbatons, and cedric diggory of hogwarts.

Then, because life gets a kick out of messing with hadley, her own name also came out of the goblet.
"Are you kidding me?!" She let out a load groan of annoyance and stood up to follow the previous champions to the attached room. The three of them -and their own headmasters- stared at her and dumbledore in suspision.

Hadley sighed. "I, hadley noelle potter, swear on my magic; I did not put my name in the goblet nor did I ask someone to do it for me." She then summoned her patronus (something she'd learned to do over the summer). The doe form (named bambi, same as with her animagus) nuzzled hadley's side before she disappeared.

The occupants of the room stared at her in shocked and impressed looks. "Now, how do I get out of participating in this stupid thing?" Hadley asked. Bartimus crouch shook his head with a somber expression. "Im afraid you can't. If you try to back out; it will cost you your magic, or even your life."

Hadley growled darkly. "Great! Guess you'll have four champions after all!" She huffed before turning on her heel and storming out. Those remaining in the room traded concerned glances to each other. Later that night; hadley went to the room of requirement to call her parents and blow off some steam.

The elite made a plan to cheer her up. The girls worked to make a pallet of pillows and blankets in their dorm room, while the boys snuck in the kitchens for cookies, chocolate frogs, butterbeer, and hot chocolate. The boys then snuck in the girls dormitory and sat in wait for their friend. Hadley grinned when she saw it all.

A few weeks later, hadley and the rest of the elite were walking out near the black lake when they heard a -seemingly pained- roar come from somewhere in the forbidden forest. Curiosity got the better of them, and they went in to find the creature that made it, even if it was only to help the poor thing pass on with less pain.

Their search led them to what was usually an empty clearing. Only now, it contained four huge metal cages, each holding a very angry dragon inside it. The group all gasped and rushed off before they could get caught being there. "Dragons! Are you serious! How stupid are these idiots!?" Hadley ranted to the others at the dorms.

They shook their heads in agreement and then began to think of a plan for how to survive the task that would be given. The whole situation was stressing them all out and giving them all headaches, so they had another cuddle pile. This time arounfd with all their pets/familiars for some additional comfort.

In the end, the pile consisted of hadley, charlie, Tessa, ash, mione, crookshanks, Gypsy, draco, fang, ares, lyra, her cat arlo, parker, jace, their owls Owen and winnie, luna, and her hedgehog eri. They spent around an hour and a half in the cuddle pile. In that time, they somehow ended up talking about their soulmates again.

This time, instead of the first words, they (with the exception of draco and hermione of course) talked about implied personality types. With hadley's soulmates; the male had a gryffindor type personality and the female was a hufflepuff personality type.

Luna's soulmate was a female ravenclaw personality type, lyra's is a male ravenclaw type, parker's a female slytherin. Jace fell asleep 5 minutes in and none of them had the heart to wake him, so they agreed to have him tell them later. Eventually, they got back up to continue brainstorming ideas for the first task together.