Chapter 13

As the next task grew closer, hadley sent out a letter to her parents, requesting her scuba gear be sent to her so she could 'explore the lake on hogwarts grounds'. Knowing her sometimes 'too curious for her own good' nature, they sent it out with no question. Hermione giggled to herself in amusement when she saw the stuff.

"What? They want us to use magic, but they never said we couldnt use muggle techniques. Might as well take advantage of it. Some magical people need a reality check about the muggle world, what better way to start than have the 'girl who lived' seem to prefer muggle techniques to magic ones." Hadley explained to her girls with a wink.

***

The night before the second task was set to occur, hadley took to relax herself rather than stress out. After a long bath and reading a chapter or two of her latest book (Heir to Gold and Ashes by Ashley RN Hay) hadley got settled in bed. Taking one last glance around the room she voiced a question. "Where's hermione?"

Lyra looked at the girls empty bed and shrugged. "Maybe she snuck into draco's room for the night." Hadley nodded. "You're probably right, night girls." She burrowed back under the covers as lyra and luna called 'night!' back.

***

The next morning, the elite met up for a quick breakfast before the task, hermione noticably still missing. "Draco, where's mione?" The boy tilted his head with an eyebrow raised. "I thought she was with you guys." The girls looked at each other in concern. "When did you last see her?" Draco started getting worried.

"Last night before flitwick asked to see her about something." Hadley's brows scrunched together as she thought, eyes going wide as she came to an idea. "Holy shit! I think I know what happened." At the elite's curious expressions, she continued. "The 'things' the mermaids are holding under the lake that we have to retrieve;"

"Why would they take objects that might not be cared about or could probably be replaced easily? and their not going to take priceless one-of-a-kind things cuz thats too big a risk. So they took people, friends, family, partners." Jace gasped. "Oh crap! Can they get away with that?" Parker shrugged in answer.

"I guess? I mean, as long as they're kept safe under there in like a stasis charm or something, there's no harm in it so..." The group went silent, worrying doubletime now. The quiet was quickly interupted however when nymphadora tonks ran up to them. "Aunt adora, what are you doing here?" Draco asked.

"Hello little dragon, im actually here for hadley on official auror duties. They want me to let you know that the slytherin artifact with the horecrux was found and has since been destroyed. They thought it might help give you an extra boost for today to know. Now, I have to be getting back to work already, but good luck in the task, bye!"

Tonks left just as quickly as she'd arrived. Hadley chuckled at the abruptness, but felt far lighter than before. They were one step closer to voldemorts true end. She was shaken from her thoughts as remus and sirius walked over to them. "Alright kiddos, time to go. The task starts in a half hour and it'll take half that to get to the location."

"Dad, papa, are you guys going to be sitting with us, or do you have to sit with the rest of the teachers again like last time?" Draco asked as the group of eight began making their way to the lake. "We will sit with you this time and next kiddo, its not too marauder-like to be following the rules all the time after all." Sirius answered.

Draco seemed to brighten up, obviously pleased with his papa's response. Sirius recognized the reaction for what it was and grinned, reaching to ruffle his son's hair and pull him into a side hug. Remus smiled affectionately at the two and reached to lace his fingers through his husband's as they walked.