Blackmail

Detective Blanc's POV:

I know who did it now...but something doesn't add up. It doesn't make sense for a girl as careful as Marta to make such a big mistake. I definitely suspected foul play again. As a first step, I decided to go see this blackmailer in place of Ransom and Marta. I went in and saw that it was dark and there was a figure. I went closer and saw that it was Fran and she was given a high dosage of morphine. I quickly called 911 and noted that Fran seemed like she was trying to say Richard's name.

As I waited in the hospital, I got a text message from Marta saying that she thinks she knows where a copy of Mr. Thombrey's postmortem bloodwork results were and texted me the location. I quickly took off to the mansion and found the copy. What I saw shocked me.

Harlan Thombrey's bloodwork was completely normal. There was no excess of any drugs. This meant that someone switched the medicine labels, but since Marta was so good at feeling for the viscosity of the liquid drugs, she subconsciously gave the right amount. Since she didn't know that, they started panicking, and in the end, it was really just suicide. For a name as to who switched it, I had a pretty good idea because I did some of my own research.

You Made Me Better | Knives Outजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें