And I'm Nothing Like You

Start from the beginning

"See what I mean? Violence."

"You're ridiculous, Shouto."

"Only on Tuesdays."

Katsuki shakes his head, trying and failing to hide the smile curling at his lips.

God, he's missed this idiot like crazy.

Katsuki turns so that he can look Shouto in the eyes with his snark when he bumps into someone and nearly tumbles back onto his backside; Shouto is his only saving grace.

"Ow! Hey, watch where the fu---oh. It's you."

Tamaki anxiously rubs the back of his head, avoiding direct eye contact with Katsuki. He's fidgety, per usual, but he seems to be standing there with purpose. Katsuki can see Mirio standing some feet behind him, silly smile plastered to his face as he gives Katsuki a thumbs up. What for, he's unsure.

"H-Hi, Katsuki."

Katsuki finds himself softening at his tone.

"Hey, Maki. Somethin' wrong?"

He's patient with him, lips curling at the way Tamaki blushes at being called by that nickname. He shakes his head, mouth opening and closing again as he tries to find his words.

"You wanna ask me somethin?"

Tamaki nods.

"You want to be friends."

He hesitates, but he nods again.

"We already are friends."

"R-Really?"

Katsuki smiles. "Yeah. We spent the weekend together, remember?"

Tamaki bites at his nails.

"I just---I thought---we...we're really friends?"

"But that's not what you wanted to ask me, right?"

As if he's been caught, Tamaki's cheeks are practically glowing red by now. He shakes his head.

"I just---I wanted to see if...you'd...maybe like to hang out again? I-I had a lot of fun and---"

"Sounds good. You got my number, right?"

Tamaki is taken back by how casual Katsuki is about the whole thing. He shakes his head and Katsuki holds his hand out---a request for Tamaki to hand him his cell phone. He complies, watching Kat tap out his cell number and save it before handing it back. He shifts around on his feet excitedly.

"Here, baby. Text me and we'll make plans, okay? You should give it to Mirio so he and Shouto can stay in touch to."

Tamaki offers a wobbly smile.

"R-Right. I'll see you later, Kacchan."

Katsuki waves as he turns to leave.

"Later, Maki."

He sees Mirio give him a congratulatory hug, looking over Tamaki's shoulder to give Katsuki a smile of gratitude.

"What was that about?" Shouto speaks up after watching the entire ordeal play out, an amused look spread about his features. Katsuki looks over at him and shrugs as they continue their walk.

"We had some playdates this weekend and I like him. That's all there is to it, really."

He misses the way Shouto's brow raises.

"Playdate. Like...little space playdate?"

"Mhm."

"Didn't know he was little."