𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝒆𝓻 𝟐𝟕

Start from the beginning

- And why is that? I want to hear you say it.

- But... It's Archex who...well, you heard it, didn't you?

- And you seriously consider that you have nothing to blame yourself for? You knowingly provoked him. You made the whole simulation fail. Cadets younger than you have completed the exercise without any difficulty.

The young man clenched his fists as hard as he could. He had been conditioned never to answer his father. The few times he had tried to rise up against him... His body still remembered. He had a few whitish scars in the hollow of his kidneys, the oldest ones. Yet today he had felt such hatred bubbling inside him that he almost forgot the consequences, if he dared to stand up against his father. He knew that he should not have reacted when his comrade had praised Archex's prowess... The fact is, he couldn't help himself. He looked down.

- Archex. I know you've been pushed to blame, but next time focus on the goal. That goes for you too, BD-1566 and BD-1568. Brendol added, taking a stern look at each of them, especially at his son.

Armitage lowered his eyes, containing as best he could all the anger that threatened to explode. He prayed internally that he would not have to start this training again. They'd been running simulations for hours... His classmates, just like him, needed a break.

- We'll resume simulations tomorrow. Use your time off to think about your mistakes. Brendol advised them before quietly leaving the room, not forgetting to give her son a look of disapproval. Once the general was far enough away, Archex turned to young Hux and said:

- Oh well, thank you Armitage, you screwed up everything!

- Shut your mouth. The young man replied angrily, staring at him blackly.

- Eyes down, moron, have you forgotten our little session on the torture chair already? I can refresh your memory if you want.

The young man's blood only did one trick. He was more than tired of rolling his eyes and doing nothing. He rushed to Archex, grabbed his collar and squeezed the electro-plasmic blade hidden in his sleeve. The metal vibrated against his comrade's throat. Not having anticipated Armitage's manoeuvre, he found himself trapped. However, BD-1566 and BD-1568 were still there. Both of them pulled Hux back, pulling him by his shoulders. He was taken back and let go of his secret blade, which crashed to the ground.

His two classmates held his arms firmly. He tried to wiggle and kick his way out. His heel landed against his male colleague's shin, who screamed in pain. The girl with the number BD-1566 relaxed for a few seconds, which was enough to keep Armitage away and out of reach. He met Archex's gaze, furious that he had let himself be fooled. He knew he was not going to stop there. He was quite capable of making him regret his gesture. Thinking no more, he picked up his knife and ran for the exit. He took refuge in his apartments, out of breath. In a corner of the room, K2 activated, ready to defend his master:

- Master Armitage, what's going on? Should I eliminate a hostile?

- No it will be fine, K2, no one will dare to come here. But... In case I allow you to break an arm or two.

- With pleasure, master! The droid, obviously in need of some action, was rejoicing.

The young man let himself fall into his big black leather armchair, relieved to have escaped the worst. He let his back slide against the backrest, the back of his neck resting on the edge of the seat. He closed his eyes for a few moments, concentrating on his breathing to try to relieve the pressure. Just breathe in and out. And this several times.

- Bring me some tea, K2, please. Armitage asked, while massaging his temples to relax.

- Certainly, master. replied the droid who rose to prepare the drink.