𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝒆𝓻 𝟐𝟕

The environment in which Armitage was, was calm. An immense jungle where lush flora and fauna, mostly reptiles with deadly venom, lived side by side. There was no need to fear the snakes when we went to Belsavis. Or leave your hands lying around anywhere. The air was humid and the ground he walked on was muddy. There were noises coming from all over the gigantic rainforest. All the young man's senses were alert, the place was not safe.

A blaster shot whistled right next to his shoulder. Armitage narrowly dodged the enemy's shot, which exploded against a rock with his back to him. He crouched behind a thick tree trunk to wait for the end of the burst. When he heard no more noise he turned to his comrades.

- We'll split up to attack them by surprise. There are four of us, so let's make groups of two. Suggested one of the boys.

- No, that's completely stupid! They're outnumbered, if you aim just right we can get them by staying here. Archex passing half his face across the trunk, his blaster pointed at the horizon.

- Easy for you to say Arch', you're the best shooter. Grumbled a dark-skinned girl.

Armitage raised his eyes to heaven with a sigh of disdain. Him? Best shooter ? The others had never seen him in action for spouting such nonsense. Certainly he made honorable scores in target shooting, but never as good as his own. But no one cared about that.

- Anything to add, Armi ? Archex provoked him by turning his gaze slightly towards him.

He knew perfectly well that the use of this nickname was something Armitage loathed. He couldn't stand anyone allowing himself such familiarities. With a scornful glance he replied:

- You talk a lot but you don't act.

- Oh, yeah? Archex replied, turning to Hux, his gun, intentionally or unintentionally, pointed at him. He cast his evil eye on the young man before moving towards him, threatening. He came so close that he almost crushed his forehead against his comrade's forehead

- And then what? You're gonna punch me in the face in the middle of practice? I knew you were an idiot, but not so stupid as to sabotage yourself around the General.

- He didn't care if I punched you, as long as it taught you to stay at your place.

- I wasn't talking about me, we have a mission to complete and we need to... Armitage answered before being cut off.

Indeed, the next moment their enemies were standing in front of them. Their blasters pointed in their direction. They had been taken by surprise. The other two comrades seemed far too distracted by the lively discussion between the two young men to have noticed anything.

- Put your blasters on the floor. Hands up! ordered one of the assailants loudly.

There were dozens of soldiers all around the four imperials. For them there was no hope of victory. The four of them threw their weapons raging against the ground. Around them the landscape gradually evaporated as the voice of Brendol Hux echoed through the loudspeakers of the training room.

- Simulation over!

The wooded environment gradually gave way to the steel walls of the Finalizer's simulation room. The training was a failure. Armitage was furious at being distracted by his rival. It was a rookie mistake... And he was going to suffer the consequences. Brendol Hux had just left the holographic projection room. As usual, he came downstairs to debrief the simulation. And today's debriefing promised to be painful. The General stood in front of the four people:

- I think it's safe to say that you failed beautifully. And all because of what? Can you tell me, Armitage?

- No one has been able to keep an eye on the surroundings... he answered anxiously.