𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝒆𝓻 𝟏𝟔

The great Amirale straightened up with the intention of leaving the cabin of the little Armitage. However, the boy's little voice echoed in the room:

- Rae?

- Yes, Armitage?

- What should I do now?

- I beg your pardon?

- I don't know what I'm supposed to do.... And I'm a little hungry.

Indeed, Sloane had heard the protests of the little redhead's stomach several times. She was outraged by the abandonment to which Armitage was subject. Her father, she didn't love him much already, but in the light of everything she knew about him.... His hatred towards him had only increased.

She grabbed the little boy's hand and said:

- I'll take you to the refectory, so you'll know the way and you can go alone next time. Like a big one.

She knew that this little boy had lost his mother some time ago. He needed an adult to look after him, his father was unable to do so. At least he didn't want to. As the head of the young soldier training program, he knew how to manage children. But concerning his son, the task must have seemed ungrateful, too time-consuming. Rae thought he should have thought about it before he went running to the bunks.

Poor kid.

Both travelled the cold and austere corridors of the stellar destroyer to reach the refectory. They had breakfast. Officers like Sloane were entitled to a more consistent meal than the soldiers, they were satisfied with protein bars with a visibly inferior taste.

Once again the rank granted privileges, privileges that the young boy could also benefit from. They swallowed their fruit juices, tasted the two cereal bars, the taste was not exquisite. But it was always better than the soldier's rations, Sloane thought.

The little boy now seemed a little more fit, his stomach was full and he was ready to start his day. Logically, Armitage should take private courses in strategy, mathematics, learning the imperial language: basic. But he also had to start his combat training. Given his young age, training would be very simple, but it was still necessary to start somewhere.

Armitage and Sloane set off for the training room, the same one reserved for Brendol Hux and his young recruits. They walked for long minutes, in silence. A heavy steel door blocked access to the room. Sloane dialed the code on the terminal. The door slid to disappear inside the wall. They entered together, staying away from the training in progress.

A seven-year-old boy was holding a stick in his hand, his face was tanned, almost burned by the sun. His first name was Archex. The expression on his face clearly indicated that it was not better to provoke him. He looked wild, aggressive. Sloane directly recognized several familiar faces. These boys were the ones who had given him bad looks since she arrived on the ship.

Archex was facing another boy a few years older, armed with a small telescopic lance. The battle was already raging, and the arrival of Sloane and Armitage did not disturb the two fighters.

Despite their young ages, the blows they inflicted were of rare violence. And the cries of rage they were making were chilling. One of the boys had an open wound on his cheek that was bleeding heavily, but that didn't stop him from fighting.

- What are you doing here, Grand Admiral?

Brendol Hux's annoyed voice echoed throughout the room. He ordered the two soldiers to stop training. He then approached a heavy step towards the two guests. He barely looked at his son.