EPILOGUE ━━ worth it

· 。゚☆: *.
RUINS  
»»————- act three. from the ashes
EPILOGUE ━━ worth it

to everything I have ever lost, thank you for setting me free

thank you for setting me free

faraway

THE WAVES CRASH GENTLY AGAINST THE ROCKS, THE FAMILIAR SMELL OF SALTWATER INFILTRATING THEIR NOSES as they sit in the sand, the warmth of the sun beating down on their skin. Erin Odair feels completely peaceful with her husband sitting next to her with her arm wrapped around her shoulder, bringing her close to him.

So much had changed in five years, Paylor had become the President of Panem, the districts had been rebuild and life was peaceful.

"Daddy! Daddy look!"

Brown curls bounce on his head and ocean eyes stare excitedly at his parents as the four year old boy runs towards his father holding up a beautiful shell.

"What you got there Alex!" Finnick grins picking up his son and spinning him in the air and the boy giggles sweetly, arms latching around his father's neck.

"Mommy! Help me!"

Erin smiles up at the father son duo, her heart soaring at the sight of them together and she stand up with a large smile on her face when she approaches the two.

"Now show me what you got little man." Erin asks curiously when Finnick stops spinning circles in the sand and Alex proudly holds up the shell he found on the beach.

"Look! can I keep it! please!"

"Of course you can." Erin says wrapping her arm around her husband's waist and her arm around her son, the three holding each other close.

"Can I go look for more?" The boy pouts, and a wave of sadness washes over her, he reminded her so much of her brother in moments like these.

"Sure Alex, just stay close okay?" Finnick interjects, placing the boy back on the ground and he immediately dashes away, laughter spilling from his lips.

"Are you okay?" Finnick asks worriedly, cupping Erin's cheeks in his hands.

She blinks the tears away before smiling again. "Yeah... I'm good." She nodds before sitting down back on the warm sand while Finnick goes to chase after their son, casting one last look over his shoulder at his wife before focusing on Alex.

Erin turns her head back to the towel she had been sitting on and picks the letter she had been writing back up.

dear Katniss and Peeta,

Years have passed, and it sometimes still feels like just yesterday the rebellion ended. But then I remember the districts have been rebuild and new lives have started over the years. I hope you and peeta are happy and have found peace back in district twelve. little Alex is clearly his father's son, but somtimes I catch a little glimpse of my brother in him. It still hurts, and it probably always will, but like I know that my parents are looking over me, I know he is too, and so is Prim and everyone else we've lost on the way. you once asked me be back in the Capitol 'what now' and I told you to 'live' I hope you have, I know I did here with my family. Losing loved ones hurts, but some people are worth all the suffering for. The Games are over, the war has been fought and our children can now know peace because of it.

That's why we did this, and this has been worth it too.

Erin Odair

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

THE END! I can believe afte three years 🙈🤡 I finally finished ruins! This has been a large adventure and Erin and Finnick are ome of my favorite couples I have written so far

THE END! I can believe afte three years 🙈🤡 I finally finished ruins! This has been a large adventure and Erin and Finnick are ome of my favorite couples I have written so far. I'm gonna miss them dearly! 🥰 and as I was coming up for a name for their son, I couldn't help but make it Alex. It felt like a good way to end Erin's arc and a new beginning where the Games are over and in a way Alex get's to be there too only in the form of their kid! Thank you all for sticking with me througj this rollartcoaster!