xxxix. ━━ battlefield of roses

· 。゚☆: *.
RUINS
»»————- act two. fan the flames
THIRTY NINE ━━ battlefield of roses

 fan the flamesTHIRTY NINE ━━ battlefield of roses

we will fight, from this
day till our last day

unknown

ERIN'S DREAMLESS SLUMBER WAS INTERRUPTED BY THE sound of shuffling feet close to her bunk. She blinked slowly and moved almost silently in Finnick's embrace to see Boggs standing over Katniss's bed where the raven haired woman laid with her little sister Prim silently sleeping. The brunette couldn't make out what he was whispering about with Katniss until the girl reluctantly stood up and followed Boggs out of the room, but not before catching Erin's comforting eyes. The former district twelve girl nodded subtly before dissapearing behind the corner.

      Feeling Finnick stir beside her, Erin returned her gaze to the golden blonde laying next to her on the much to small bed. "What's wrong?" He mumbled softly, still trying to wake up.

      "Boggs came for Katniss." She replied, running a soothing hand through Finnick's blonde locks before continuing. "I don't know why, probably to speak with Coin about the attack and how she can turn in into propaganda for sure." She adds bitterly.

      "Hey..." Finnick sits up, a concerned look in his eyes as he turned Erin to face him and grabbed ahold of her hand. "Tell me what's on your mind."

      "It's silly." She shook her head, averting her gaze ahead where she could see Alex sleeping peacefully.

      "Nothing you think is silly, you can trust me you know that right?" Finnick whispers as to not wake anyone else around them.

      "I know, I know... it's just." She trailed off before taking a deep breath. "I just have this bad feeling about Coin. I don't know why and it's probably nothing but something just seems off about her." The brunette admits quietly.

      Finnick nods but he doesn't say anything and Erin feels stupid for even sayinng it out loud. The woman had saved their lives, made sure they were rescued from the arena and her she was accusing the woman.

      "I know it's stupid, I shouldn't have said anything." Erin sighed, turning her head away from Finnick.

      "No no, I'm not saying it's stupid, it's just that it seems like Katniss trusts her and I trust Katniss." Finnick explained himself quickly.

      "I trust her too Finn, but I just hope she hasn't misplaced hers." Erin shrugged before she was embraced in a tight hug as the blonde's arms wrapped tightly around her. She buried her head in the crook of his neck. Even after all this time away from district four he still smelled like salt water and something she couldn't place, she could only explain it as Finnick.