xxvi. ━━ ode to the strong

· 。゚☆: *.
RUINS
»»————- act two. fan the flames
TWENTY SIX ━━ ode to the strong

if we fight we might lose, if we give up we have already lost

give up we have already lost

unknown

      ERIN GRIMACED AS ANOTHER JOLT OF PAIN surged through her body, making her lean further into Finnick for support. She clenched her jaw, trying to forget about the pain her body was in. She couldn't sit still and watch the revolution from afar. She had to be in the middle of it and she wasn't about to give into the pain.

     Finnick's ocean eyes were focused on the brunette beside him, a frown etched on his face as he worried about her. It was clear to see she was in pain, it was written on her face but she marged on no matter what.

     The corridors were poorly lit and the grey walls didn't really help to make it more welcoming. It was just another somber color that clearly reflected how district thirteen felt. Neglected and broken, doomed to survive under the ground while the Capitol moved on like they didn't drop bombs on hundred of people.

      "Are you sure you don't want to go back to the medical ward?" Finnick questioned, worried.

     Erin shook her head as they turned another corner, entering a larger space were some of the residents of Thirteen wandered around, going about their daily buisness. "We need to find Katniss." She deflected his question. "She probably knows what's going on." She said as she observed the room.

     "Erin." Finnick said seriously, making the brunette look up at him. "Your health is more important."

     Erin narrowed her eyes at the blonde before she shrugged his arm of, stepping away from him. "If you don't want to bring me to Katniss I'll find her myself." She hissed, limpimg towards the next hallway.

     "Erin you can barely walk!" Finnick shouted after the stubborn girl waking after her. "Just wait for a minute please!"

     Erin turned around furiously, fire blazing in her eyes as she looked at Finnick. "We can't wait, Finnick!" She shouted gaining attention from the other people close by.

     "Erin-"

      "The Capitol won't wait!" She cut him off, anger radiating from her body. "Don't you get it. We can't stop just because I'm hurt, Snow won't pause his evil scheme because I hit my head too hard." Her voice echoed through the room, leaving Finnick speechless as he stared at the girl.

     "Listen if we don't fight we've already lost, we have to go on and we can't waste anymore time." Her voice softened as she looked at him. "I need to do this."

     With that said, she turned back on her heel and staggered down the hall leaving Finnick standing before he snapped from his daze and rushed after her.

     He swung her arm around his neck, startling the girl who looked up at him with furrowed eyebrows. "I'll get you to the others."

       "Finnick what the hell is she doing here?" Alex growled the moment the two came in his sight and Finnick quickly spoke up, "She wanted to come."

      "Erin you can't-" Alex began but Erin quickly interrupted him.

     "Finnick already tried, you won't change my mind." She held her hand up before her eyes landed on the raven haired girl that turned the corner. "Katniss..." She breathed out.

     "Erin?" Katniss eyes were wide before she rushed towards the girl, embracing her in a tight hug. "You died." She whispered.

     "You can't get rid of me that easy." She grinned before she glanced over her shoulders to see more people from district thirteen walking towards what she thought was the main hall. "What's happening? Where is everyone going?" She questioned.

     "I'm their Mockingjay now." Katniss told her as she took a step back. "But I made some demands. Coin is going to announce them in front of whole Thirteen."

     Erin nodded before she wrapped her arm around Finnick's neck again. "Then we need to go." She annouced as Katniss fell in step with them.

     The hall was crowded with the people of district Thirteen as they all waited for President Coin to speak. People talked in hushed voices, glancing at the tributes every now and then.

     Finally Coin stepes forward. "Good afternoon. Thank you for interrupting your schedules. They have already been adjusted to compensate for the delay. Please check in with your supervisors when you resume work."  No one made a noise as Coin addresed the crowd. "I have an annoucemeny to make for the citizens of Thirteen and our welcome guest from district 12."

     Erin glanced at Katniss as she stopped talking to her little sister and looked up at the president. "Katniss Everdeen has consented to be the face of our cause. To help unite the districts against the Capitol." She paused for a moment before she resumed speaking.

      "In exchange I have promised several concessions. First, we'll assess all opportunities for the extraction of victors held hostage in the Capitol. Peeta Mellark-"

      The residents of Thirteen broke out in protest shouting up at Coin while others looked angrily at Katniss. They had clearly not forgotten what Peeta had said and viewed him as a traitor. and Erin interwined her hand with Finnick's as she listened to what else Coin had to say.

     "Once freed, they will be granted full pardon for any and all crimes commited against the rebel cause. If Katniss Everdeen fails to fulfull her duties the deal will be off."

     Suprised both Finnick and Erin glanced at the Girl On Fire only to see her stare down Coin.

      "Thank you for your attention. Please, resume your daily schedules." Coin finished.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬